Scheppach table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johan

Reaction score
Dear forum,

A few questions about the slightly older generation of Scheppach table saws (as they are currently selling here at, in my opinion, relatively good prices - I suppose to clear stock)

Does anybody know the Scheppach Forsato?

Would anybody care to comment on the aluminium tables of the TS2500 and TS4010? Are aluminium tables any good? I would guess the damage easily, or am I wrong?

And, any comments on the Scheppach "duplex" system (for setting both the rise and fall, and angle positions with the same handwheel)?

Regards,
Johan

Hi Johan,

I seem to remember the Scheppach Forsato was one of their panel saws. They had two models, the XL and the XXL, and by all accounts they were very good saws.

The only trouble is I am not sure if they still sell them, in this country away, because I have not seen them about for a couple of years at least. Don't take this as gospel, because I may very well be wrong.

I have the Scheppach TS2500 (the non cast iron model) and it is a very good, and I do not find that the table damages easy.

Cheers

Mike

I have a TS4010 with aluminium table which is 3 years old.

When I first got it it was OK (ie the top was flat).

I have not used it regularly over the last year, and when I checked it last week I found that the table is now no longer flat.

For whatever reason (not through damage or mis-use) it has 'rippled' over the last 12 months.

I spoke to the Scheppach agents about it and they were not able to offer any suggestions as to why this might have happened, but one comment made led me to believe that there was a very good reason for them changing to Cast Iron :roll:

Hi Johann

One reason to move to cast iron from aluminium is the ability that cast iron has to absorb vibration - against that CI does tend to rust in workshops where humidity is a problem. Kity did build a professional range a few years back with ally tables including a 20 x 9in planer/thicknesser, so they can't be all bad. NMA (UK) are still selling the "industrial" range, now branded Ixes. I believe the XL and XXL are now called Ixes Foras 3 and Forsa 5 respectively.

Scrit

Dear all,
thanks for the replies so far.

I'm sure the cast iron table is preferable, but I'm considering the aluminium table version simply because of the much-discounted cost of this. So thanks for the valuable comments. Have other users of the TS2500 or TS4010 had problems with the aluminium table, or is this just a fluke of some sort?

Johan

Hi Johan,

Iv'e got the TS2500 and my table isn't flat either, never has been. It's not wildly out though, and "in plane" (shim under feet to get perfectly level on each side), so it has never stopped me producing highly accurate cuts as long as the fence and sliding table are carefully set up.

One thing I would say about the ally tables is the mitre slots are rubbish. Since the slots are formed by adjacent edges of the individual panels that make up the main table they are nothing like accurate enough.
Also, there is no way to align the motor/arbour/blade assembly to the slot so the whole thing's moot anyway.

The sliding table more than makes up for it though - takes a bit of setting up, but when done properly accuracy in the order of 0.1mm easily attainable.

Do I wish mine had CI table? - you bet! But still pretty d**n happy with the one I have. I've been told that the new tables are retro-fittable, but at around £400 each plus LOTS of work to fit (and then re-commission the machine from scratch) I think not.

Mark

pewe":2kz99k13 said:
but one comment made led me to believe that there was a very good reason for them changing to Cast Iron

There's another reason. Price. Aluminium is lots more expensive than cast iron, and when you get your CI in from China, ready machined, for lots less than the raw aluminium costs, then that's a very good reason indeed.

John

Back