Scheppach Socket

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
I am getting 16 amp supply fitted with a commando socket for my Scheppach planer thicknesser and i would like to extend the cable from the socket to the planer is it possible to remove the exsiting cable as it is too short, does anyone know if the plug/socket on the planer end can be rewired to a longer cable i have never seen a socket like this before or know what it is called?

You should find a number on the socket - possibly a DIN standard or similar just google that adding the words" line socket"

I expect it will be a Schuko type.

Either that or remote the plug from the machine and fit a commando type at both ends.

Bob

tomatwark":21lpakwz said:
You could always buy a 16amp extension lead.

They are easy to get hold of on Ebay.

Tom
This still wont help as the planer is keeps blowing the 13 amp fuse it the plug. :(

One of these?

R0384718-01.jpg

srt":w7vs2yln said:
tomatwark":w7vs2yln said:
You could always buy a 16amp extension lead.

They are easy to get hold of on Ebay.

Tom
This still wont help as the planer is keeps blowing the 13 amp fuse it the plug. :(

Well us a 16amp extension lead not a 13 to 16 adaptor lead!!!

Bob

Yes that is the very thing a Schuko socket never seen one of these before can this be cut from the exsiting cable with a new longer cable and a commando socket fitted to it?

srt":ukmnokrf said:
Yes that is the very thing a Schuko socket never seen one of these before can this be cut from the exsiting cable with a new longer cable and a commando socket fitted to it?

For £3.75 plus p+p I'd break open the piggy bank and buy a new one and make up a new lead with 2.5mm 3 core rubber insulated flex and a 16A male socket at the other end.

promhandicam":147iahn7 said:
srt":147iahn7 said:

For £3.75 plus p+p I'd break open the piggy bank and buy a new one and make up a new lead with 2.5mm 3 core rubber insulated flex and a 16A male socket at the other end.
Just what the doctor ordered i think thanks :D

I actually used 2.5mm Arctic cable for mine as I had some - either rubber or Arctic will do (I think) :wink:

Latest posts

Back