Scheppach HS105 table mitre sled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
I am rally happy with my table saw apart from the Mitre sled as it is small and a lot of play in the slot. Couple of questions
1. Can I adjust it to stop the amount of play?
2. Is there a reasonably priced one on the market that is better?
I have a project where I want to cut about 40 pieces exactly the same length and want to use the table saw for this.
Thanks in advance

If you're cutting a lot of 45 degree mitres on the table saw it's worth making a mitre sled.
The protractor in the slot is always useless, I don't know why they even still bother with them.

Thanks PCB. I may have used the wrong term? I just want to do crosscuts but the play in the slot must be about a mm. Had a look on Amazon and e-bay but not really sure what I need.

What you need then is a crosscut sled, which you can make as good a fit as you want in the slot(s). Just search 'crosscut sled' on YouTube, there are hundreds of videos, as simple or as complicated as you like.

Simple sounds good to me. Any recommendations please of UK ones. American ones working in inches frustrate me ( and I'm 60) Thanks again

"Simple sounds good to me. Any recommendations please of UK ones. American ones working in inches frustrate me ( and I'm 60) Thanks again"

This guy has a no nonsense approach to jig making.

This lady has a very good combination sled that is a bit more expensive and involved to build but a very good design. Hers can be made without the extension which would make it simpler and cheaper.

Her measurements are in inches but it is easy to convert and should be used as a guide only because it will have to be adapted to the spacings of the mitre slots on your saw anyway.

Back