Scheppach hms260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a second hand hms260 PT and twice now when i have turned it on it has blown fuses in the plug,there is a 13 amp fuse in it that it has blown this is a single phase 240v machine does anyone know why it is doing this iam new to machinary and quite concerned about this as the planer was not that cheap any help greatly appreciated :?

These machines are very marginal for a 13 amp supply. A lot depends on complex issues with your supply wiring but not meaning there is a fault at all.
Fit a 16amp commando socket with a 16amp (ideally type c) breaker and you will have no further problems.

Bob

Agree, I owned one as my first PT, great machine but I had the same issues. When it gets colder outside it may blow more frequently, as acold motor makes a big difference.
There is unlikely to be anything wrong with the machine.

Thanks for your help guys,so when i get a commando socket in the garage do i need to get the breaker fitted in the fuse box at the main supply to the house?

if you have not got a consumer unit in the garage, then ideally there should be one fitted there to house the 16 amp breaker. You can get small CUs quite cheaply for the purpose from Toolstation, screwfix etc.

HTH

Bob

9fingers":1gzlrwr9 said:
if you have not got a consumer unit in the garage, then ideally there should be one fitted there to house the 16 amp breaker. You can get small CUs quite cheaply for the purpose from Toolstation, screwfix etc.

HTH

Bob

Cheers Bob :D

Back