Scheppach HMS260 Planer/Surfacer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi simuk, I have the same problem on occasions, so I take a screwdriver and lever off the red button. Be aware you do not lose the return spring and behind there you will find a small space full of sawdust. I found the more you blow with your airline the worse it gets.

Hope this helps. Alan

Alan, hope youre still on the forum!

I am still having issues with the planer.

Both tables are level with each other according to my straight edge. Now i presume, and took from you post, that the knives now have to be set to be exactly the same height as the outfeed table at theior highest point?

Is that correct?

Hello Biglouie, If you look in the manual it shows a setting gauge. If you don't have one you can easily make one using a piece of hardwood.

Get a piece of 2" x 1" about 5" long. 7/8" from the right hand end draw a line. (Call it line one) Draw another line 1/8" to the left of this.(call this line two) Place the piece of wood on the OUTFEED table with line one exactly on the end of the table. Rotate the planer block in the direction of travel and when the blades are set correctly the block will be moved forward so that line two is moved to the end of the table.

What I tend to do is to set the blades low and secure them using the outside fixing screws, just enough pressure to hold them in place. Then using the jacking screws and the gauge ease the blade up until it moves the gauge into the correct position This has to be done each end of the planer block. Don't forget to tighten the other screws afterwards

Hope this helps Alan.

Having problem again with the surface planer on this machine :evil: .

After tinkering about for an an hour think i have found the problem. The infeed table has a slight twist in it. Put a straight edge on the infeed table from length to to length and there is a 1.5mm dip in it, As i bring the straight edge from one edge to the other the dip disappears It is almost as if the table is to high in one corner.

Hope this makes sense.

If anyone any idea on what i can do to overcome this?

Simon

Sorry Simuk, can't help with this one. As I recall the infeed table is "staked" with 4 roll lock pins, would not have thought it possible to twist. Hope it dosn't happen with mine, had enough trouble getting rid of the dreaded snipe.

I'm sure someone will be along with a solution

Alan.

I have just bought a new flat belt for the above and wonder how to fit it. The manual says for tightening the flat belt slightly loosen the screws holding the gearbox on the inside face of the frame: I presume thats the 2 bolts that are visible on the inside under the rise/fall table?
Thanks

In passing I see from the Scheppach threads that NMA or/and NMA Agencies were/are a useful source of info on this kit: is that still the case and if so do they have a website please?

01/06/2012.
To answer my own question, yes the 2 hex head bolts, take a 13 mm ring spanner, on the inside face of the machine behind the gearbox do indeed , when loosened, allow the gearbox to move and slip on the new flat belt.

Back