Scheppach hms 260ci planer, thicknesses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Opinions please i have been offered a Scheppach hms 260ci planer, thicknesses .I was told it needs a new switch i know nothing else about it yet until i view it tomorrow but for £170 i think it might be worth a gamble what do you think Mock

That's a pretty fair price for one of them, you definitely won't lose much if you decided to sell it on again. Something to note with these machines is that the Scheppachs especially are apparently very easy to knock out of alignment if lifted by the surfacing tables and are very difficult to get back co-planar. Best lifted with a couple of 4x2s under the thicknessing table and lifted that way kind of like how you'd carry royalty...

Kate-Middleton-carried-elevated-chair-upon-arrived.jpg

Thanks' for that ill have a look for 2 4 x 2 Where should they be placed under the thicknesser bed or where i have the blue lines
Mock

Attachments

• Inkeds-l300_LI.jpg
    Inkeds-l300_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
I've had one for 6 years bought second hand for £200. Primarily use the thicknesser and it is a great machine for its size.

Picked the planer up today a few rust spots on the table nothing to bad just hope it's a easy fix with the switch he also told me the cost of a new switch below .
Scheppach 62300104. The guy from Data Power tools said it was £125 plus vat. He also said we may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere but I didn’t check. The planer stopped from what I remember and then wouldn’t start again. The guy who looked at it said it was the switch and I took his word for it. I will say this though, when I disconnected the blue cable from the power I noticed that the neutral wire was a bit charred. What do you think ?? ill have a little look at it in the morning Mock

Scheppach are very expensive for spares but most things can be sourced else where, try a local electrical factors for the switch, I had similar issues with a Scheppach table saw, got a switch from germany via Fleabay for 6 euros delivered as opposed to £85 from Scheppach.

Forgot to add I just googled the number printed on the switch itself - not the Scheppach number.

no i just double checked the part no i was given and have no luck either
I am having trouble finding the part #-o

The cable that came with the planer thicknesser on one end we have the female plug that goes to the machine but no plug on the other end .Should there be a 3 pin plug or a 16 amp plug ? I have been looking at imagine of the planer on line and some have a 3 pin plug and others a 16 amp plug The person who i purchased the machine from said he had it wired straight in to the switch :? Mock

Planer up and running no switch needed yet / i have power when the top table is flat for planing when handle engaged in both positions .But when i open the table for the thicknesser i have no power in either position with the handle .What am i doing wrong ? mock

On further inspection the switch was broken but i have power to the machine for planing and when i lift the table to use the thicknesser i have no power any suggestions' micro switch ' if so where are they on this machine ? Also am i correct in saying the handle in the photos's below only have two positions
Vertical and horizontal thanks' Mock

Attachments

• DSC_0343.JPG
    DSC_0343.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0344.JPG
    DSC_0344.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
Come on help please
I have attached 4 photo's 2 with the planer table flat and handle in either position i have power
And when i open the table to access the thicknesser i have no power in either position i move the handle what am i doing wrong Mock

Attachments

• DSC_0344.JPG
    DSC_0344.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0343.JPG
    DSC_0343.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 30
  • again handle in different position table open no power.JPG
    again handle in different position table open no power.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 29
  • when i open table no power.JPG
    when i open table no power.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 29
All working fine i was not pushing the extractor port down on to the table hard enough for it to click into position Mock so i will be keeping it and selling my ELECTRUM BECKUM PLANER THICKNESSER
Mock

The lever shown in your pictures turns the feed roller on and off for thicknessing has no other function.

Latest posts

Back