scheppach hms 260 specifications

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a scheppach hms 260 and i am looking for a manual for the machine in English if possible any help or tip's gratefully received thank's Alan
Just a though does anyone know if record pt 260 planer blades will fit the scheppach hms 260 :idea:

I have a Scheppach HMS 3200ci and was able to order replacement blades from NMA who are the UK agency for Scheppach. They also sent me some marked up drawing with tips and advice for setting the beds and maintenance etc. Not the easiest to follow but a bit better than the instruction manual which is pretty much useless...

Marked up drawing I recieved from NMA...

Attachments

• hms 3200ci table settings (2).jpg
    hms 3200ci table settings (2).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 294
  • hms 3200ci table settings (3).jpg
    hms 3200ci table settings (3).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 283
  • hms 3200ci table settings (4).jpg
    hms 3200ci table settings (4).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 292
  • hms 3200ci table settings (5).jpg
    hms 3200ci table settings (5).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 276
  • hms 3200ci table settings (6).jpg
    hms 3200ci table settings (6).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 281
  • HMS_HM2_HMC_HMT_maintain gear assembly.jpg
    HMS_HM2_HMC_HMT_maintain gear assembly.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 278
Before i start playing with the planer can someone tell me what's the handle for in the photo ?

Attachments

• planer_LI.jpg
    planer_LI.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 241
NMA Agencies - UK agents for Scheppach

Just Google NMA Agencies and you'll find them..

They appear to have blades that would suit..

Disposable HSS planing knives 260 x 17.25 x 1.00 mm
(6023 2200)
for hms2600ci; Plana 3.0 Planer/Thicknesser

I also have the enclosed instructions for my machine which I scraped together myself from various translations and files I found online. Feel free to use them if they are of any use!

Attachments

• Scheppach HMS3200ci Instructions.pdf
    977.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Scheppach HMS2600ci Planer Thicknesser.pdf
    172 KB · Views: 77
  • hms 3200 ci.pdf
    910.2 KB · Views: 24
Just had a quick look at my scheppach hms 260 planer thicknesser i don't seam to have the extraction round port although i haven't had a good look yet :roll: :roll: anyway a quick question do i need to remove the fence to get the table off ready for the thicknesser if so how
Alan

Yes you need to remove the fence
on the fence you will see two rods that go down into the rings on the fixing bracket as per the attached photo with the arrow
Grab the fence either side as close to the pins as possible and pull straight up. if you wiggle the fence it will jam lol .
Some times its easy but usually it a pain or at least on my machine it is lol

You then make sure the Thicknessing table is down and you can then lift over the front of the Machine and Push the little silver tab to allow it to sit on the table properly .
Adjust the table to the height that you want and start planing

Attachments

• Scheppach Fence.jpg
    Scheppach Fence.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 110
Thank's again yes i just done as you said it came away great. But i have no dust extractor port as in the photo i have asked the person who i purchased it from to have a look if he got it laying around some where if not i will have to buy one :oops: what's the idea of the two clasps on the bottom piece of the machine ? can you put some sort of bin in there or something .Don't tell me there should also be a bin with the machine lol
Alan

Attachments

• planer_LI (2).jpg
    planer_LI (2).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 93
what are the table beds made from as i have seen planer knife setting jigs that are for cast iron only ? are the table bed on these nickel steel ? or would any jigs work
Alan

mock":2l7yjei6 said:
Just bought a scheppach hms 260 and i am looking for a manual for the machine in English if possible any help or tip's gratefully received thank's Alan
Just a though does anyone know if record pt 260 planer blades will fit the scheppach hms 260 :idea:
I have the HMT which is very similar and found this drawing online. It is originally from NMA Agencies I beleive.

planer thicknesser setup.jpg

Attachments

• planer thicknesser setup.jpg
    planer thicknesser setup.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 465
well managed to by the part for the planer thicknesser called a fish tail extractor attachment and a so called jig for setting the planer blades well a piece of metal lol how do you use the jig photo below
Alan

Attachments

• DSCF9405.JPG
    DSCF9405.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF9406.JPG
    DSCF9406.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back