• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Scheppach hms 260 Planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Good working order, spare knives and user manual.
Need to workshop (garage) space for other things!
Offers around £450 wanted.
P1001899.jpg
P1001897.jpg
P1001896.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sorry, should have said. It's heavy, buyer collects, at least a two man lift!

Also, I have it on a 16A feed from the distribution box, I think it's just the start up inflow, not running current.

Yes, sorry, should have said. It's heavy, buyer collects, at least a two man lift!

Also, I have it on a 16A feed from the distribution box, I think it's just the start up inflow, not running current.

It will need a 16amp supply as the motor is 3.3 HP , lovely looking clean machine

When I (OK, an electrician) changed the feed from 13A to 16A feed, the changes were:
1. Change the socket to a round / blue 16A outlet.
2. No change in wiring (it wasn't in the ring, direct to the fuse box)
3. Upped the fuse to 16A.

So it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have one of these and can thoroughly recommend to anyone, mine runs of standard 13 amp 3 pin plug with no issues for the past 10 years. very accurate in use and easy to add lockable castors for ease of movement.

It will need a 16amp supply as the motor is 3.3 HP , lovely looking clean machine

Mine runs off 13A, but it is less than 10 feet from the CU.

It's a great little budget machine, the steel table German made ones at least - I wouldn't trade mine for a later cast iron Chinese made one.

I must have caught one of those early Chinese ones - bought it from new and never been happy with it. I was just getting into woodworking back then and was very wet behind the ears and did not know what I was buying/looking at. Here's an image showing the how out of tolerance the cast iron top was - it should have been +/- 0.2mm. I've replaced that outfeed table and I kept the original with an idea to scrape it back to within tolerance, but after some research on scraping I don't think I've got enough years left to complete the job <lol>

Cheers
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_110003.jpg
    IMG_20201022_110003.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20201022_110125.jpg
    IMG_20201022_110125.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 63
Not a very helpful post there then!
I had one of these for years in our boatyard building some fine boats and then some fine furniture and it was a very super machine and was heavily built, from what I remember the better ones had a formed steel bed rather than the ground aluminium beds. Super machine at a great price.....have a bump and good luck with the sale.

I have the same model, have used larger Kity and Axminster P/Ts and mine is much better. The rubber feed rolls are good and don’t mark the wood. Mine works fine on a 13A socket in my workshop which is 50m from the consumer unit. Have used in several locations and never needed a 16A connection even though I have them available.

Really surprised it hasn’t sold, much under rated.

Colin

Back