Scheppach HM2 Kombi Planer/thicknesser Table Saw????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a new one to me http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scheppach-HM2-Kom ... dZViewItem

Is it normally for sale over here, or is it a import?

I can see it being very handy for someone who is short of space in their workshop.

I own a TS2500 which i know is excellent, and i have heard only good things about Scheppach planer/thicknesser's, so as a combi there is a good chance that it is a tasty machine.
The only thing that may let it down is the small size of the table saw.

Of course it may have been on sale over here for years, and i am the only one that has never heard about it. :oops:

Cheers

Woody

Hi Woody,

I have one - bought it about 20+ years ago - design has changed a bit, but in essence the same machine.

Found the saw table to be a bit of a nuisance to keep on setting up - involves a belt/pulley change as do all attachments, which have to be clipped on via cam mountings. Also had a slot mortiser and spindle moulder attachment with it.

Basically the base unit is an excellent, accurate, powerful (and longlasting !) machine. As a combination machine it has a pretty small footprint and if that's a criteria you won't go far wrong.

I have long since got rid of the saw att' in favour of a dedicated table and the slot mortiser never was too good. The Spindle moulder bit I still have and use when I have a long enough run to justify the set up time.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Back