Scheppach HA2000/HA2600 Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a fair quantity of Beech to cut and thickness to size and it is evident that it will produce a fair dollop of dust - probably more than is suitable for my usual method of dumping it on the drive and then brushing up when finished.

So. it is about time that I got myself a dust extractor of some description. The Scheppach ones seem to come highly recommended and I like the idea of the 0.5micron filter.

In the Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs thread several people seemed happy with the HA2600. I note however that no-one has the smaller HA2000. I was wondering if this was because it is a newer model or whether it was universally decided that the HA2600 better fitted the requirements of a small shop.

Any advice much appreciated before I finally take the plunge.

Andrew

I have the Scheppach HA2600 with fine filter, the workshop is virtually dust free at 0.5 microns, and I'm pleased with it. Without the fine filter it's quite dusty, and if my memory serves be correctly it's only filtering to 2 microns.

I have it wall mounted piped into a ducted system I built.
It sucks reasonably well and is quiet compared to some others I've tried & heard. The HA2000 is not as powerful as the HA2600 IMHO.

You didn't mention what machine you are intending to use it on. If it's a large machine with a big extractor hood you may find the scheppach not able to generate enough static pressure (measured in Pa) to be truly effective. If it's for the scheppach HMS260 or it's similar clones then it would be a good choice.

Hope this helps.

FelderMan":wgc8dyn2 said:
You didn't mention what machine you are intending to use it on. If it's a large machine with a big extractor hood you may find the scheppach not able to generate enough static pressure (measured in Pa) to be truly effective. If it's for the scheppach HMS260 or it's similar clones then it would be a good choice.

To be used with TS2000, HMS260 and Basato 3. Not all at the same time. I have a Trend T30A for use with hand tools.

Andrew

To be used with TS2000, HMS260 and Basato 3. Not all at the same time. I have a Trend T30A for use with hand tools.

Andrew

IMHO the HA2600 with fine filter would be a good choice.
And they'll all be colour co-ordinated :D :D

I'm sure tha HA2600 is a fine piece of kit - but £350 for a dust extractor (or £260 without the fine dust extractor) is a high price. Are there cheaper alternatives that anyone can recommend? I'm using a Scheppach TS2010 T/S and saving the pennies for a P/T so don't want to blow the budget completely on the dust extractor unless there is no real alternative.

For instance, how about the SIP 01342 which can be had for about £110 with a 1hp induction motor? I'm a keen hobbyist, but until I retire in about 3 - 5 years time it will have limited use. I tend to use real wood rather than MDF which I only use infrequently.

RogerM":1icel7tj said:
I'm sure tha HA2600 is a fine piece of kit - but £350 for a dust extractor (or £260 without the fine dust extractor) is a high price. Are there cheaper alternatives that anyone can recommend? I'm using a Scheppach TS2010 T/S and saving the pennies for a P/T so don't want to blow the budget completely on the dust extractor unless there is no real alternative.

For instance, how about the SIP 01342 which can be had for about £110 with a 1hp induction motor? I'm a keen hobbyist, but until I retire in about 3 - 5 years time it will have limited use. I tend to use real wood rather than MDF which I only use infrequently.
Hi Roger,
If my memory serves me correctly the Sip & it's various clones only filter down to 2 microns (& some are even worse), which blows quite a bit of fine dust back into the workshop. Some members on the forum call these machines "dust Circulators" instead of what they really are (chip extractors).

If your not familiar with dust extraction here's a very useful link Bill Pentz.
Bill is regarded as the definitive expert on dust extraction for woodworking machines.

IMHO machines that filter down to 0.5 microns or less are the way to go.
But they come with a price tag at the moment.

I have got an extractor from Blundell, which is I think a good price. Although they don't advertise the fact they also sell fine filter cartridges for their machines, you then just need some poly bags to replace the bottom bags.

I just wish that comeone would start importing/manufacturing small cyclones in this country.

Thanks guys. I think this just goes to illustrate the problem. A £200 saving on a dust extractor would make the difference between a mediocre P/T and a good one - I have my sights on a Scheppach 260.

Nick - are you pleased with the dust extractor from Blundells? I tend to work in a garage with the doors open, so collecting the high volume sawdust and wood chips are my highest priority - the fine dust tends to blow out and become my neighbour's problem. In fact this will be the first time I've had a dust extractor of any sort.

However, I have also piously said elsewhere that I have never regretted taking a big gulp and buying quality, so would I end up junking a cheap dust extractor in a couple of years and buying a decent one. I guess there's always Ebay!

Ho hum! For every answer 2 new questions! :)

FelderMan":1t5ktm3m said:
IMHO machines that filter down to 0.5 microns or less are the way to go.
But they come with a price tag at the moment.

Absolutely agree with filtering requirement, however, I have a Charnwood chip collector/extractor that cost me around £100 (with 10um bag) and I got a 1 micron bag for it from Axminster.

No visible dust escapes this for a total outlay of under £140.

1um is adequate in my opinion and experience

Roger,

Yes I am pleased with the Blundell machine. I guess it's just a re-badging of all the other ones out there. I keep my doors closed to keep in precious heat, and, bag puctures :evil: and bag mis-fittings :oops: aside, it keeps the dust to itself.

The problem comes when emptying the bags, because then dust inevitably escapes. I keep meaning to design something that replaces the bags with something more solid to avoid the bags' tendencies to blow dust around when deformed by being moved. Something along the lines of the barrels on cyclones. :roll: Another tuit job I'm afriad, in the meantime wear a mask when bag-changing.

I have the same setup as Tony, Charnwood Extractor with an Axminster bag, good pressure from the unit and collects all chippings from both my table saw and thicknesser a bargain at about £140.
The Axminster bag keeps the dust down now aswell.

Bean

Back