• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Scheppach Grooving Blade for 2500CI TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe that Scheppach used to make a grooving blade for cutting dados and grooves for the 2500CI table saw. I called NMA Agencies and they advised that Scheppach discontinued them in line with EU regs however I would still like to get hold of one if possible. If anyone has one that they would like to move on please let me know.

Failing that if anyone has any success fitting a dado stack to these saws id be keen to know, I cant find anything about someone actually trying this.

Someone may be able to correct me, but I would have thought that you could by a blade from any manufacturer, as long as it fits your arbour and is the right diameter for your saw. I believe CMT, Freud, possibly trend, and others do them.

Yes thats correct, I use a CMT blade but from my research, I believe Scheppach used to make a grooving cutter which can be used to cut dados and other such grooves which is what i am looking for. Its a tall ask so not holding my breath, just thought i would give it a go in the off chance someone had one they dont want.

Hi
I have a Scheppach TS4010 and have long had the grooving set. I guess the 2500 will have the same basic set up. I echo that NMA is a very helpful source of advice.

Rather than repeat what I posted a while ago, have a read here Dado Arbor

I think my set goes from 7.5 - 15mm width of cut (well it did before some of the spacers got a bit mangled in the episode referred to above).

I can dig out some details for you after next week. I don’t think the Leitz set is available any more (or spares as far as I can tell) - they seem dedicated to big industrial stuff now and are not at all helpful with enquiries!

The key thing is you need a thin stack because the arbor is short. I have also successfully adapted a smaller grooving set (4 - 7.5mm) that has fatter plates - I accommodated this by getting an additional rear flange (an aluminium casting that slides onto the arbor) and a very kind forum member machined this down for me. This is mostly what I use for comb jointing (using my Matthias Wandel screw advance jig) and is an excellent tool - I am happier using this than the larger Leitz set (after my experience above) because it is smaller diameter and has much less spinning mass/centrifugal force.

You will need the special nut and a modified table insert in any case.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Scholar, just to make sure I understand correctly, are you essentially attaching a spindle molder blade to the TS and this works ok? I am a bit new to this so just double checking before I do anything which might be silly. The price is a potential turn off though... But its that or router table...

Thanks Scholar, just to make sure I understand correctly, are you essentially attaching a spindle molder blade to the TS and this works ok? I am a bit new to this so just double checking before I do anything which might be silly. The price is a potential turn off though... But its that or router table...

The original Scheppach set is the Leitz 8-15mm adjustable groover I linked to earlier. The smaller 4-7.5mm NLS set is used in the same way (but I had to adapt the TS flange as described, so bought a spare for this job). Both groover sets are more typically used on a spindle moulder.

For the reasons NMA gave you, the original set is no longer offered by Scheppach and so I dont know if they can supply the table insert (that has a wider slot than your existing one) or the special nut (that has a stepped face that locates in the 30mm bore of the outer cutter plate - the bore of the inner plate is held by the flange piece in the same way as your normal saw blade).

All the above assumes that your arbour etc is as mine - my TS is an older model with the aluminium top, whereas you have cast iron and a different model, but I guess the setup will be similar. (I don’t know if the groovers were ever offered with the later cast iron saws at all).

As I said, I can send you some more details when I am able to get to it.

If you can adapt your TS in this way, and most importantly, are comfortable doing this which is potentially fraught with danger (even when you are doing it right!) then it is a very good solution.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a Scheppach hs105 and was advised the thickest grooving blade to fit this was 6mm. I bought from CMT (bit unhappy about carriage charge of £6.95) but works really well

Latest posts

Back