• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Scheppach dust extractor connection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

TPK

Reaction score
My son has acquired a second hand Scheppach HD 15 dust extractor and when trying to connect up discovered that it had a 140mm inlet, so couldn't connect to usual 100mm pipe. Does anyone know where to get a 104 to 100 reducer as having difficulty finding anything suitable.?
Regards, Terry

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
A surprisingly large inlet.

You could just make one that fits into the hole and then has a 100mm hole in it to hook a hose onto. Ideally of course we'd all have 140mm ducting and outlets on tools to match but there we are.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
I turned one on my wood-lathe that works well failing that how about some large heat shrink tubing?

TPK

Reaction score
Thanks for both suggestions. I hadn't thought about turning a connector, though I did consider turning a former so that i could heat up some 4" soil pipe and attempt to stretch one end to 140mm.

scholar

Established Member
Reaction score
The HD15 looks like a newer incarnation of my old ha3200 dust extractor - a truly brilliant machine. It comes with a 140mm hose and this fits the outlet on my big planer. My other machines have 100mm outlets and for this I got the Scheppach reducer designed for exactly this.

My machine was a scrapper when I got it and had to get a few replacement parts at the time including:
- a 140mm hose that fits the extractor inlet;
- a 140mm spigot for the end of the hose (part no 7520 0001);
- the 140/100mm reducer (part no 7520 6001).

You should be able to get these from the ever-helpful NMA. They won’t be very cheap, but they are very robustly made and are really good to use (eg the reducer is tapered so it is a snug easy fit).

764FA7E6-F077-4768-A3EA-185B3C3E2179.jpeg

Incidentally, I don’t know if your machine has the rigid filter, but that is certainly worth having.

Cheers

Misterdog

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

TPK

Reaction score
Thanks again for all your suggestions. I shall have to take some accurate measurements next time I see my son and check out getting one 3D printed.