Scheppach Basata 3 Vario - does anyone have a user manual/

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I have a Scheppach Basato 3 Vario but was after a user manual - would anyone happen to have one and be able to scan few pages?? Be much appreciated if so. I'll drop NMA (i think theyre a main distributor of Scheppach) a line too.

Thanks

AHhh thanks a lot. It's not the best of manuals, but then in my opinion it's also not much of a saw!!

I can't say I've used it much - I don't remember it costing me the earth when I bought it second had some time ago - back then, I'd just started out in this hobby. Originally, I'd hoped to use it to process woodturning blanks etc.

Realistically, this feels too small. The depth of cut isn't huge and the tension of the blade means it is at best a 1/2" blade.

As far as the engineering goes - it's feels pretty poor for something that does seem to get okay reviews. The tension knob and speed variation knob are both plastic and they are already broken - the moulding is pretty flimsy so they just spin on the shafts. The same problem occurred with one of the table wingnuts too.
The blade cover rise and fall mechanism is chewy at best.... even with the plastic rack teeth silicone lubed.

And now - having just decided to see if i can get it working again - the variable speed mechanism seems jammed (not helped with the knob not working...)

Is the speed variation just some sort of mechanical friction??

I can't say i've really spent any time properly sorting it out, but it hasn't exactly screamed "QUALITY" at me!!

I look forward to any advice on fettlin'!

I was looking at buying a new one, after the really bad vibration problems I had with a 12" Makita. You haven't exactly inspired me with confidence on this one! Tough to get a decent one in this 12" £400-600 bracket...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the Basata 3 Vario last year and don't mind it. However I've not stressed the thing much. It serves its purpose.

Shame you've had so much problems with it.

Jonny

Back