• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Scheppach 6.5HP Petrol Compactor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerryGunn

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
I've had one for about 3 years for lots of garden projects. Has been totally reliable and works well. I'll probably just sell it on when I've finished my projects.

It is a bit on the light side for a driveway but good for the landscaping.

The specification for highways gives a minimum weight twice as much as that plate compactor; compacting stone in 75mm layers with 6 passes.

Whilst your drive will get nowhere near the traffic of a road where a heavier machine may be used you could get skip lorries etc on your drive as part pf your landscaping.

I would compact the stone under your drive in as thin a layer as possible. The thinnest that you can compact is about two and a half times the stone diameter, so a 20mm type one material would need to be at least 50mm thick to compact. If it is thinner the stones start to rest on the ones below and the compacter will tend to ride over the material between.

Whilst your drive will get nowhere near the traffic of a road where a heavier machine may be used you could get skip lorries etc on your drive as part pf your landscaping.
I'd like to have a drive long enough to fit a skip lorry on it :ROFLMAO:

I'll be having a skip but it'll be on the road (after the usual council 'walletectomy')...

I'd like to have a drive long enough to fit a skip lorry on it :ROFLMAO:

I'll be having a skip but it'll be on the road (after the usual council 'walletectomy')...
If you are having the skip in the road make sure you can fill it up quick or get a lockable one. Even if the drive is just a car parking spot you could well want to reverse something heavier in there.

I wish I had a parking spot but only have the road.:)

Back