Scheppach 260 P/T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve James

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to run this machine from a 13 amp plug?
I`ve read somewhere that it is possible, but I keep blowing 13 amp fuses.
I am able to "hook up" a 16 amp outlet in my shop (This is the blue outlet type plug, right?)
But if I can save the expense of an electrician, I`d rather do that.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

i can't comment about the p/t but my elektra pk255 table saw can i asked their technical chap and he said they have put an extra capacitor in to reduce the start up load.
its probably worth speaking to the technical people.
aleks

Steve,

I've not got the Scheppach p/t, but I do have the TS2500 saw, which I run off a standard 13A plug. There was a question on <cough> UKWoodworking a few months ago about a guy who was having problems blowing fuses using a workshop machine wired up through a standard 13A plug. After a bit of discussion, it turned out he was using an extension lead too. He dropped the extension lead and the fuses stopped blowing.

The issue (as I understand it, and I'm NOT a sparkie so treat this with caution) is that for high amperage loads, you need to use a thick cable and make it as reasonably short as you can to prevent the resistance of the lead itself from increasing the load.

There are certainly lots of folks using big tools, including the 260 planer, with 13A plugs on them - just use a good thick cable and avoid extension leads.

Cheers,

AG

Steve

The other thing to do is to ensure that the "ring main" in your workshop really is that, with a 2.5mm cross section supply going out from the MCB in two directions. If the wiring from the MCB to the socket is a single 2.5mm spur this will also give problems

Thanks for the help Chaps. Had a little mess about with it last night and it turned out to be dust getting under the switch.
So it was`nt blowing fuses, thankfully.
Once again thanks for the help.

Steve

Back