Scary robot video.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its already been recognised that it will become necessary to tax the robots,
😆 tesla bot tax
If it moves tax it! If it doesnt move, tax it in case it thinks about moving!

I know, it makes sense, but robot tax probably wont happen. Big business will argue that theres no point applying robot rax because the company already pays tax on its profits etc ( although they no doubt escape more tax than they pay ) and where does it stop? Lets say you get yourself a tesla bot maid ( thats for cleaning @TRITON 😉 )
and your tesla bot hoovers up and does the dishes..... technically that could have been a cleaners job, but you would normally do it yourself and theres no 'income' related to that, so presumably you dont pay tesla bot tax..... but businesses will then use that to find various loopholes to avoid the tax ( as is the nature of it )

Then theres also resources.... i think im right in saying there probably isn't enough lithium etc to create the worlds fleet of electric cars, let alone millions of robot slaves...... which leads to questions of ethics i suppose. If a robot is just a machine, people will probably resort to treating them poorly. And if ( as suggested above ) people start getting augmented ( lets say you have a nasty angle grinder accident and chop off your john thomas 😆🤣 ) you get a replacement pecker, but then you are part machine, so maybe your human rights get eroded because you are part tesla?

Just to clarify, im fully aware this post is ridiculous 😆

😆 tesla bot tax
If it moves tax it! If it doesnt move, tax it in case it thinks about moving!

I know, it makes sense, but robot tax probably wont happen. Big business will argue that theres no point applying robot rax because the company already pays tax on its profits etc ( although they no doubt escape more tax than they pay ) and where does it stop? Lets say you get yourself a tesla bot maid ( thats for cleaning @TRITON 😉 )
and your tesla bot hoovers up and does the dishes..... technically that could have been a cleaners job, but you would normally do it yourself and theres no 'income' related to that, so presumably you dont pay tesla bot tax..... but businesses will then use that to find various loopholes to avoid the tax ( as is the nature of it )

Then theres also resources.... i think im right in saying there probably isn't enough lithium etc to create the worlds fleet of electric cars, let alone millions of robot slaves...... which leads to questions of ethics i suppose. If a robot is just a machine, people will probably resort to treating them poorly. And if ( as suggested above ) people start getting augmented ( lets say you have a nasty angle grinder accident and chop off your john thomas 😆🤣 ) you get a replacement pecker, but then you are part machine, so maybe your human rights get eroded because you are part tesla?

Just to clarify, im fully aware this post is ridiculous 😆
Do I get to choose the “Pecker”?

There has been concerned for the future of jobs and livelihoods due to automation since the industrial revolution (and probably before). Over time most of these have been ill-founded.

In my adult lifetime a huge range of jobs and industries forming the foundation of the UK economy have disappearded - steel, manufacturing, coal mining, agriculture, secretarial, book-keeping, milkmen, joiners, etc etc.

This created temporary peaks in unemployment, but offset by reduced working hours, increased holidays, and new jobs in IT, media, marketing, advertising, services etc.

Over 5 decades quite possibly 5-10m jobs have disappeared, and perhaps 10-15m created as more women joined the labour force. As of today unemployment is low.

The proposition that jobs have been "dumbed down" to create an underclass of low paid is largely untrue. The skills rewarded by society have changed (rightly or wrongly) to benefit lawyers, bankers, accountants, creatives, etc. Inevitably there are losers.

So more sophisticated intelligent robots may not rapidly displace humans - possibly over time just alter the nature of human endeavour. Robots may have a mechanical and data processing advantage but (as yet) no emotional intelligence needed to (say) compose a piece of music, or create a work of art without clear "rules" programmed by humans.
Of course your right, developments have taken place and people have largely been able to change skills to accomodate them, but I think what might be different now is the speed and scope of change, were presently looking at the loss of retail jobs, warehouse jobs, the Occado distribution hub in Andover is largely manned by robots, the technology is being bought by others, I guess Amazon and the like, self driving is just around the corner and will I think result in loss of HGV and taxi drivers, now they are saying that trials have shown that even medical diagnosis is proving to be st least as accurate as by humans, computer controled financial systems make buying and selling uber fast, the computer makes the decision and does the trade, a thousand times quicker than a person could,,,,and no doubt there are many more examples. Its change which is wide ranging and fast, and I think its bound to have consequences, I personally feel for the better providing we get a grip on the people running the show, we cannot just sit back and watch the money draining away to offshore tax havens like it does at present.
Steve.

Back