Scary moment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
With this heat it had to come. I've just called the fire brigade for the first time in my life.
Working in the open workshop I thought I heard water falling, looked outside and it was a grass fire. Only 300 metres from my house.
Thankfully, the wind was blowing the other way from me and no property was damaged.
Pictures taken with a 200 mm zoom, I wasnt actually THAT close.
IMG_3010.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
IMG_3018.JPG

Blimey Bob! Glad you weren't as near as the pix look. Be careful, having seem pix of Aussie & US fires I'm sure you don't want to get into anything like that

Many houses around me are either empty or holiday lets, which at the moment means "empty" so there arent many to raise an alarm, add that to the fact I have to go round and yell at the village mukhta (town clerk) to get the waste lands cleared each year, and then being Cyprus, nothing gets done for at least a fortnight while they try to find someone else to do it, Its a constant worry at this time of year.

Glad i aint them fire wallahs, bad enough having to hoof it round with hoses in this country let alone there with respirators. Hope you made them a cuppa after Bob

Too far away mate. They went pretty quick. but about an hour later one came back, presumably with more water and just to check it wasnt starting up again.
But at least theyre allowed to wear T shirts, not fireproof jackets.

Back