SC3 adaptor M33x3.5 to 1"x10tpi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xerxes

Reaction score
I have a Record SC3 chuck with a 1" x 10tpi thread. I have tried everywhere to buy an adaptor so I can use it on my RECORD DML250 which has an M33x3.5 spindle. Does anybody know where I can get one or get one made please

A local machine shop should be able to knock the up quite easily. Perhaps someone on the forum may be able to help...

The SC3 comes in diferent versions, each a fixed size rather than insert. I have the same M33 one. You might get answers if you post this in the woodturning forum below.

[I would suggest that you contact Dave Bates at Stiles and Bates (01304 366360). As well as being a fount of knowledge on all things woodturning Dave is a Record dealer and always willing to help.

I have a Record SC3 chuck with a 1" x 10tpi thread. I have tried everywhere to buy an adaptor so I can use it on my RECORD DML250 which has an M33x3.5 spindle. Does anybody know where I can get one or get one made please
Look at Charnwood Headstock Thread Adaptors they have what you need I think
Edit —- assuming the chuck is female 1” x 8 TPI —- they have an adaptor with 1”x8 TPI male to 33 x 3.5 female, it does say out of stock but delivery February.

Last edited:
I had a friend with this exact problem when he was considering a new lathe and wanted to keep his existing SC3, we both spent a very long time looking and also saw the only one that may get stock was Charnwood as mentioned above but I also found a thread that it was discontinued by Record so the adapter was not being made by them, hence the best option is probably as mentioned getting someone local to make you one.

BTW incase you were wondering my friend got a new (2nd hand but hardly used) lathe that was the same size so problem removed rather than solved!

HTH

Padster

I thought I had posted this ages ago, but it must have got stuck in the U bend of internet eternity. Here we go again.

Record sell the SC3 as a kit with jaws and other things but they used to sell it 'bare'. Maybe you can find one for not too much money if anyone has leftovers in stock, and keep your exisiting jaws - might make sense compared with getting a local engineering shop to make an adapter.

You could try the 'wanted' forum and the 'for sale' forums below, if you are really lucky you might find someone with the equal and opposite problem. If it was the other way around and you wanted to sell a M33 SC3 I would happily buy it to keep coles jaws on, so there might be takers for the 1" thread one you have.

Can you get the chuck bore rethreaded/recut to m33 my a local machine shop?

Back