Saying Goodbye

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really sorry to read all of these sad stories, I know that the key is to focus on the better times but it is hard to do that when you are still in the midst of grief. I just lost my dad over the holiday weekend so it's still very raw. At least my dad had a good life.

He could have died almost 25 years ago without medical intervention, but was lucky to get a heart transplant. This is just a snippet of his story that I recounted over the phone, there was much more that could have been said: http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Death- ... 062012.htm

I know that the voluntary work he did subsequently helped many people who faced the same procedure. It remains a sad fact though that many he knew did not survive for want of a suitable donor.

Most of cannot help cure people with Cancer, Brain Tumors and those many other horrible diseases, but there is something that each of us can do that just might make a difference. Here's a link to something that people could assent to that I know from personal experience can change the lives of not just the recipient but their partners, families, friends and countless others:

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/ho ... paign=1946

regards,

Colin

I used to work with a nice guy who was a j.w. , we had an argument one day about blood transfusion, and I told him that I hoped he didn't meet the four people going about with bodies full of mine. I can no longer donate, but my 17yr old daughter has already given blood and is on the organ donor register.
Presumed consent should be law. Maybe another thead is in order!

phil.p":1yn74qm2 said:
I used to work with a nice guy who was a j.w. , we had an argument one day about blood transfusion, and I told him that I hoped he didn't meet the four people going about with bodies full of mine. I can no longer donate, but my 17yr old daughter has already given blood and is on the organ donor register.
Presumed consent should be law. Maybe another thead is in order!

I woundnt bother to have an argument with such a person...

My wife had several pints of blood during her unsuccessful treatment for cancer. One of the few things that gave her some energy, it didn't cure her, but it made the time she had more bearable.

Back