Say No To 0870

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been aired here before or not, but I for one am fed up with companies who insist on using 0870 and other "extra charge" numbers whilst not listing a standard phone number. What this means, for example, is that if you ring to make a complaint about service and their office is local, you get charged for the privilege! Or if you have a deal with a phone operator that gives you calls for free you still get charged a premium over your standard calls charge to call these cowboys.

Anyway there's a petition on No. 10s website here calling on these people to publicise a standard phone number if anyone would like to sign it. There is also a web site called "Say No To 0870" which will help you look up fixed land line numbers in many cases.

Rant over

Scrit

hi scrit
been using this number for a while , and i thought that it had been aired on here before
an understandable RANT , when you see your phone bill
another point to note : is that these 0870 numbers all use queing systems
press 1 to talk to this department
press 2 to talk to that department
press 3 to be thrown into a telephonic abyss

rant over

mel

petition signed

And when you eventually get through, it's to a call centre that is usually not interested in your complaint. I've signed the petition.

Thanks, Scrit, for bringing it to our attention.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back