Sawdust ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there anything useful you can do with sawdust if you don't keep chickens etc. Everyday I look at the ever growing pile of the stuff emptied out of my extractor bags, there must be something other than smothering weeds that can be done with it ?

Well, I keep some in tubs - separate for specific timber. Mix it with a bit of PVA and Bingo! wood filler thats more similar in colour to the shop bought gear.

A bit amateur-ish I know :oops: , but we all make mistakes!! And after several hours work on, say, a table - if you can cover up a slight error and it saves you reworking an entire piece, I'm not ashamed to use it :wink:

Gary

Cheers Alf, just about everything possible you can do with sawdust in that link :D

Good idea Gary ;)

I use mine for lighting fires, keeps the house and in future the workshop warm, but I may need some tailed devils to produce the volume needed.

Bean

I am with Bean on this one.

I have a wood burner in the workshop and that's where the sawdust, shavings and 'TEST' pieces go. :wink:

I find it makes a great concrete floor insulator,as long as you don't sweep up too often.

Sawdust & shavings go into holes in the garden to improve the clay soil.
Sanding dust is used as a filler with PVA glue.

The garden! Only one place to go, and that includes all small offcuts etc. With 2000 M2 garden, there is always space.
:D :D
Jaco :oops: Remember to log in ...... :oops:

Back