sawdust not moving when routing wood signs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sllca

Reaction score
Hello
everyone
I have recently taken up a new hobby, routing wood signs. I bought a Katsu trim router and it is great but vision is poor when routing out the lettering on the signs. I have glued LED light to the base but still struggling with vision. I have been watching " FISHTANK5050 " on youtube and he is a very gifted woodworker, and his videos are excellent to follow and pick up endless knowledge. I have followed in his footsteps and bought a very old Black and Decker DN66 router. It works like a dream and vision is excellent. my only problem is the router does not blow away the sawdust while cutting, making it almost impossible to see where to router next. My question is could I use a portable airbrush compressor and attach a pipe to the router to blow away the dust. FISHTANK5050 uses a Hobbyair 70 with rubber foot pad which works a treat. Unfortunately these compressors are no longer available and I am looking to do this cheap as possible.
Hope you can help a newbie
Thanks
Steve

Couldn't you add something to the spindle, some sort of paddle or something? Or a different cutter with more blowing potential, more flutes?
Some vacs have an outlet connection too, so they can blow as well as suck. Old cylinder models etc. Ask on freecycle?

Back