Sawblades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offcut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I looking to purchase two table sawblade online, 30 bore and 315 dia about 3-5mm Kerf TCT. I'm looking for a fine cut blade and a medium cut. Can anyone recommend a blade type and good place to purchase them and any blade that are particularly safe i.e anti-kickback etc..

Thanks
Andy

Welcome to the forum, Andy.

The T/S fanatics will be along in a moment, I'm sure. :roll: If you don't mind I'll move this thread to Buying Advice (look who's talking. :oops: Three reviews in Handtools instead of Tool Reviews and counting... :wink: )

Cheers, Alf

Hi Andy,
I ask this question a while ago and the majority choice was the Trend Blades, so I purchased a 24T, a 48T and 60T all 3 of which I can recommend. I bought them from Tool-Net, all for a total of £64 inc Del & vat. They have an anti kickback design. 3mm kerf. info on the Trend website, then shop around as prices vary quite a bit. Hope this helps?.
John
:D

Hi and welcome Andy,

I to asked just after I bought a new table saw and the favourites that came back were Trend and Freud.

Jeff

Thanks john and jeff.
Looks like some searching for trend and freud is required £64 seems a good price
Problem with the old blade was that the resistance feedback from the wood, as it passes through the blade, was increasing to a point where the blade now heat up and bends causing a bad cut. (on large stock) The teeth still feel sharp thought.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Freud are the business for me but I've never used Trend blades. I've a rip and a 60 tooth laminate blade for cross cutting.
Also have Freud in two mitre saws and circular saw.

Rgds

Noel

I asked the same question here. Was recommended Freud or Trend. Ended up buying a Trend finetooth and a combination blade. Finetooth is great for plywood and veneered boards. Haven't used the combination yet though.

Andrew

Back