Sawblades - CMT vs Freud ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
I read with interest on an Internet page that at a football match a couple of years ago, a Freud 10" sawblade had been used during the match as a vicious projectile, fortunately no-one was injured, so it's safe to assume Freud blades are the preferred favourite of football hooligans but how about woodworkers, anyone have any views about CMT or Freud blades ?

I've CMT and Freud, used for woodworking......no complaints, both brands excellent. Although I've more Freuds than CMTs simply 'cause there're easier to find and I like the red Teflon coating although no tangible advantage, performance wise.

Noel

I've been using a Frued for the last 4 months-a fantastic blade! Well worth the money.
Hope this is of help
Philly :D

I've got 4 CMT's of differing Teeth/grind and am very pleased with them (and their router bits) not tried a Frued.

Can't see much point in the teflon as the only bit that comes into contact with the wood is the TCT tips, then again I don't cut a lot of resinous softwood.

Jason

The Teflon helps in removing resin buildup but otherwise makes little difference. Incidentally I have found that the Screwfix resin cleaner happily removes the Teflon coating as well!, as I found out too late on some of my router cutters. :cry:

Ike

I Upgraded my dewalt SCMS with a CMT blade and I was very happy with it before somebody borrowed it long term without my permission,

I also have quite a number of CMT router bits, which are also very good/better if you compare them to the Trend bits

McLuma

Have no experience with either for sawblades, but for router bits prefer CMT, and generally have a slight (probably unfair) distrust of Freud, as they are willing to build down to a price point for the likes of Screwfix while still branding the products as Freud. That always leaves me wondering what I'm buying, even if not from Screwfix. As I say, this is probably mindless prejudice.

HI,

I have both freud and cmt and i think the cmt performs a lot better although the dewalt series 60 blades out class them all. Ive yet to find a better blade.

heers,
jonny.

I'm interested in saw blades at the present time ( although I have only made 3 cuts with my present blade) and would the previous writers ablove confirm that those blades with the fancy tooth design (that look as if they could cut in both directions :) ) still make dado type cuts without fouling the halving finish.

Back