Quantcast

Sawblades - CMT vs Freud ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
I read with interest on an Internet page that at a football match a couple of years ago, a Freud 10" sawblade had been used during the match as a vicious projectile, fortunately no-one was injured, so it's safe to assume Freud blades are the preferred favourite of football hooligans but how about woodworkers, anyone have any views about CMT or Freud blades ?

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
I've CMT and Freud, used for woodworking......no complaints, both brands excellent. Although I've more Freuds than CMTs simply 'cause there're easier to find and I like the red Teflon coating although no tangible advantage, performance wise.

Noel

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a Frued for the last 4 months-a fantastic blade! Well worth the money.
Hope this is of help
Philly :D

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 CMT's of differing Teeth/grind and am very pleased with them (and their router bits) not tried a Frued.

Can't see much point in the teflon as the only bit that comes into contact with the wood is the TCT tips, then again I don't cut a lot of resinous softwood.

Jason

ike

Established Member
Reaction score
The Teflon helps in removing resin buildup but otherwise makes little difference. Incidentally I have found that the Screwfix resin cleaner happily removes the Teflon coating as well!, as I found out too late on some of my router cutters. :cry:

Ike

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I Upgraded my dewalt SCMS with a CMT blade and I was very happy with it before somebody borrowed it long term without my permission,

I also have quite a number of CMT router bits, which are also very good/better if you compare them to the Trend bits

McLuma

Jake

Established Member
Reaction score
Have no experience with either for sawblades, but for router bits prefer CMT, and generally have a slight (probably unfair) distrust of Freud, as they are willing to build down to a price point for the likes of Screwfix while still branding the products as Freud. That always leaves me wondering what I'm buying, even if not from Screwfix. As I say, this is probably mindless prejudice.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
HI,

I have both freud and cmt and i think the cmt performs a lot better although the dewalt series 60 blades out class them all. Ive yet to find a better blade.

heers,
jonny.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I have both - both are excellent but if pushed I'd say my Frueds are my favourites (they are also quieter - noticably)

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in saw blades at the present time ( although I have only made 3 cuts with my present blade) and would the previous writers ablove confirm that those blades with the fancy tooth design (that look as if they could cut in both directions :) ) still make dado type cuts without fouling the halving finish.

Latest posts