Saw stands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't the adjustment in the rollers? Or do you mean the arms being at a wonky angle so they are not parallel?

Lidl doing a saw stand next week, £40 I think.

From Sunday 26th.

1632125163450.png

That hasn't quite the span of the others, but supports more than some. I suspect it's because it has two bars on each side rather than the one on some of the others. I looked at the Titan as well, that's cheaper than the Evolution.
I'd like the DeWalt ................ but can't justify an extra £100. :)

Hi Phil,
I had the evolution one as my first chop saw and stand. I sold it with the saw when I upgraded to a KS60.

It worked fine for all the things I wanted to do with it. IIRC it was pretty sturdy, I never thought the extensions were wobbly at all. I bought it to lay a deck and it was fine for that. Later used it in the workshop and again no problems, other than the faff of setting it up then taking it down etc. I now use a chop saw cabinet and find that much better. e.g. something like this

I’ve used the evolution one for five years since knocking my old mitre saw off a workmate. I use a 10” CMS on it. It is perfectly good for construction work. Holds the saw at a perfect height, is really stable on solid ground, grass etc.

The bad points are the in and out rollers ar rarely parallel to the saw table. There is a 6-8mm slop in the horizontal plane back to front. They’re strong enough to support 8x2 timbers even when fully extended, espescially when used with roller stands.

it’s a perfectly adequate stand, packs away neatly when not in use and does for me all I ask of it. Kapex quality it isn’t, but is pretty decent at the price point.

Has anyone experience of it?
I have one and it is reasonably good, but there is quite a bit of slop on the arm adjustment. The support is square, going through a hole slightly larger, but with only one securing knob, so there will always be some small movement even when really tight, but takes a bit of effort to move.
Once tightened, it is reasonably firm, but the rollers may not be in line with the saw surface. I also have another Powercraft model and it suffers the same issue.
It's not really a problem if you just want support, but if you really need the rollers to be in line with the saw surface, then there is no designed adjustment and this stand may not be suitable.
Because there is quite a bit of movement in the arm support when slack, you can 'optimise' the position and sometimes get them reasonably straight. The roller can be raised so it can be used as an end stop. I find that very useful when doing repeat cuts.

That hasn't quite the span of the others, but supports more than some. I suspect it's because it has two bars on each side rather than the one on some of the others. I looked at the Titan as well, that's cheaper than the Evolution.
I'd like the DeWalt ................ but can't justify an extra £100. :)

If you don’t want/need the mobility of the fancy Mikita one (or similar), the dewalt is very good; sturdier than most I looked at, comes in two different sizes (I have the larger) and folds very easily. It’s often available for less than RRP.

I bought one from Aldi last year, so I suspect it's very similar to the Lidl one. Anyway, it works fine and I've not really noticed any problem with the support rollers, which only have the one bar for support. My two main gripes are that it's sometimes tricky to get the saw attached, though that's probably me more than the stand. Secondly, it's heavy and with a back problem, I sometimes struggle with it.

G.

I got the lidl one last week as i was doing a bit of garden construction and I'd been using a folding camping table.

Quite heavy and solid, the rollers can be adjusted heightwise and length wise, but not the legs, and very much in the DIY bracket as opposed to professional standard. I really don't like using the saw in my small workshop cos of the dust, so it'll do me - quick to set up outside between the rain showers, and light duty.

If you don’t want/need the mobility of the fancy Mikita one (or similar), the dewalt is very good; sturdier than most I looked at, comes in two different sizes (I have the larger) and folds very easily. It’s often available for less than RRP.
But still way over budget. I have no issue with blowing money on stuff I use regularly, but this will be used only once in a while.

I got the Lidl one. I can't truthfully think of any way anything within £30 - £40 of it would be any better.
One hole needed opening slightly, some bolts that were supplied weren't long enough for my saw, two leg bolts needed tightening and one needed loosening. For £40, it's brilliant.

I got the Lidl one. I can't truthfully think of any way anything within £30 - £40 of it would be any better.
One hole needed opening slightly, some bolts that were supplied weren't long enough for my saw, two leg bolts needed tightening and one needed loosening. For £40, it's brilliant.
Thanks Phil.
I went ahead and bought the Parkside today as thought it would be worth the gamble but haven't opened the box yet.
Your reply is most welcome as if all I have to do is replace a few bolts I will be well pleased.

Thanks again Phil.

Latest posts

Back