Saw horse build.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a note on saw horses here http://owdman.co.uk/howto/howto2.htm
n.b. site well out of date and due for a makeover.
To stop them from being tippy the feet have to extend in plan beyond the top. Hence the splay . It doesn't quite show that in my photos (or the lathe stand) but it does on the drawing lifted from the book.
It makes them more useful as a step up - you can perch right on the end and it still won't tip.
PS It took me some time to get my head around the above. :shock: Easier to have a go on the drawing board small scale to start with. The full sized rod needed half a sheet of ply.
It occurred to me that it might be workable with Sketchup? Not for me though.

I had a look through your website Jacob and very interesting it was too. I can see that your "robust" opinionated style on here is much the same as the direct approach on your website. It is clear that you are a traditionalist (that is not a criticism) and have a good deal of experience and skill in your area. I found the trestle marking out diagram mathematically interesting. Thanks for that. I liked the little tables you were selling for £250. If they are still that price I will have two please.

Thanks for that AJB.
Tables - sorry I don't make to order I do intermittent batches so it will be some time, but will let you know when available. I'm on another project at the mo - basically the green table on my site but with variations in size and other details.
The trestle drawing is exercise in graphic roof geometry practice which everybody used to learn in the old days, in place of calculations or American style roofing tables / ready reckoners.

Good. I am serious about the tables. When you make some, PM me. I have too many projects on to make them myself but my wife is on my case about a pair of tall bedside tables. I found the material on old window repairs really interesting.

Ok will do.
Apologies to Mike G for dropping in on his thread, intended as just another design suggestion.

Back