Saw comparison, bosch 8sjl vs bosch 800 sj

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roystanman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. I'm looking for a new mitre saw and have kinda settled on the bosch gcm 8 sjl. I was really wondering if the difference between this and the gcm 8 sj was just the sliding tables on the gcm 8. Does anyone use either? Which one would be the better option for occasional DIY use
Cheers
Roy

I have the sjl variant which is a good saw, it has slightly better dust handling than the sj, slightly wider cuts and slide out side supports which I use more than I thought. However, physically it’s a big saw and has a 1m depth footprint, I wouldn’t buy again simply for this reason, but if you have the space then I would recommend it.

I'm also considering an evolution r255sms, the space isn't an issue. It's a shame that I can't go anywhere with more than the basic b and q types on show

So after a bit of me being indecisive I've decided against both and am buying a makita ls1019, anyone got any experience of these?
Thanks on advance
Roy

So after a bit of me being indecisive I've decided against both and am buying a makita ls1019, anyone got any experience of these?
Thanks on advance
Roy
Just recently bought one from Axminster after a lot of indecision. Accurate out of the box. Initially thought dust collection was better but now not so sure. Nice finish cuts. Big lump in a small workshop despite the forward rails. Smooth action and happy in the main with my purchase.

Thanks for the reply, I've been umming and arring for a while. I've looked at a dewalt one and there seems to be a mm or so play when the blade is at full cut, hopefully the 1019 isn't the same
Cheers
Roy

Thanks for the reply, I've been umming and arring for a while. I've looked at a dewalt one and there seems to be a mm or so play when the blade is at full cut, hopefully the 1019 isn't the same
Cheers
Roy
No play I've noticed

The LS1019 is the saw I would buy now, if fact I may well sell my Bosch at some point and buy the Makita instead, the extra cutting depth would be useful.

The saw was delivered today and all I can say is wow, I've always bought tools that would be OK for what I wanted this is night and day compared to anything I've bought before, the blade needs a bit of adjustment on the vertical but what a machine

Latest posts

Back