• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Saw comparison, bosch 8sjl vs bosch 800 sj

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Roystanman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. I'm looking for a new mitre saw and have kinda settled on the bosch gcm 8 sjl. I was really wondering if the difference between this and the gcm 8 sj was just the sliding tables on the gcm 8. Does anyone use either? Which one would be the better option for occasional DIY use
Cheers
Roy

RichardG

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the sjl variant which is a good saw, it has slightly better dust handling than the sj, slightly wider cuts and slide out side supports which I use more than I thought. However, physically it’s a big saw and has a 1m depth footprint, I wouldn’t buy again simply for this reason, but if you have the space then I would recommend it.

Roystanman

Reaction score
I'm also considering an evolution r255sms, the space isn't an issue. It's a shame that I can't go anywhere with more than the basic b and q types on show

Roystanman

Reaction score
So after a bit of me being indecisive I've decided against both and am buying a makita ls1019, anyone got any experience of these?
Thanks on advance
Roy

Neil Swann

Established Member
Reaction score
So after a bit of me being indecisive I've decided against both and am buying a makita ls1019, anyone got any experience of these?
Thanks on advance
Roy
Just recently bought one from Axminster after a lot of indecision. Accurate out of the box. Initially thought dust collection was better but now not so sure. Nice finish cuts. Big lump in a small workshop despite the forward rails. Smooth action and happy in the main with my purchase.

Roystanman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I've been umming and arring for a while. I've looked at a dewalt one and there seems to be a mm or so play when the blade is at full cut, hopefully the 1019 isn't the same
Cheers
Roy

Neil Swann

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I've been umming and arring for a while. I've looked at a dewalt one and there seems to be a mm or so play when the blade is at full cut, hopefully the 1019 isn't the same
Cheers
Roy
No play I've noticed

RichardG

Established Member
Reaction score
The LS1019 is the saw I would buy now, if fact I may well sell my Bosch at some point and buy the Makita instead, the extra cutting depth would be useful.

Roystanman

Reaction score
The saw was delivered today and all I can say is wow, I've always bought tools that would be OK for what I wanted this is night and day compared to anything I've bought before, the blade needs a bit of adjustment on the vertical but what a machine