Saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all
I've been struggling to buy, at a reasonable price, 200mm dia 3mm kerf circular saw blades.
I can get them but the kerf on the cheaper blades is always smaller than the stated thickness.
This creates a problem with the riving knife, which can prevent the timber from pushing through to the outfeed table.

I've stuck to Trend because the kerf is always spot on thickness.
So I've been wondering if a change to a 190mm dia saw blade will cause me any problems or safety issues...apart from the 5mm I will lose in depth of cut.?

It would be interesting to know what blades folk with an 8inch table saw use>>>>> apart from changing the riving knife thickness of removing it altogether.

Trend blades are generally reasonably priced. If your current blades are spot on and full diameter, not sure I see why other options are being sought?

There will be no issue using 190mm blades in an 8" TS but if your looking for lower cost, won't you be in the same territory as the other cheaper 8" blades with possible thinner kerfs than stated?

Back