Saw blade deformed ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rth

Established Member
Reaction score
When I got the RAS it had a 295mm blade in which had a slight wobble when spun......I have just purchased a new 305mm blade, not a rubbish one (£50), when I put it on the saw it too was not completely straight when turned...it had a very slight kick..the same as the one I took off.............is this how they are supposed to be ???

Sounds to me like neither are sitting true on the spindle, as if the mounting ring/bush is out of square. Is it clean/free of sawdust or other crud?

There is nothing wrong with the spindle and no debris, when the blade is spinning.......at low speed it looks like a bike wheel with a buckle, obviously it cannot be seen when at full speed.
I cannot cut precise joints with it ?

Update, I have found the problem, I marked the blades (1) after finding the buckle, next I loosened the nut and rotated the blades through approx 90 degrees, the high spot then moved....this happened on both blades....

29af0afe.jpg

Therefor these are not running true, I will get them to an engineering shop to sort out on a lathe

906289ec.jpg

Two blades? one old one new from different manufacturers both buckled?

What's the chances?

I hope they aren't still buckled on your machine after being true'd.

Update on the wobbly blades ! it turned out to be the inner flange which was 5 thou out on one side, this may seem negligable but when the blade is clamped up tight and the deflection taken out 6" to the cutting tips it was quite severe, all is now fine.

Latest posts

Back