Saw bench project - almost complete

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popey

Established Member
Reaction score
In the latest issue of Quercus magazine there was an article on making a sawbench. This build was loosely based on the design in the article. The author had used standard mortice and tenon joinery, whereas I decided to make mine a little more interesting by using dovetail joints. The project is part of a wider plan to build a new workbench over the coming months.
Apart from a biscuit jointer which I used to help align the pieces for the top and a tracksaw to square up the top, the build was completed with hand tools.
All I have left to do is sanding and then apply a couple of coats of water-based poly.

I hope you like it.

Mark
396FF04B-B2F5-49DA-AE72-F4DE213EC727.jpeg

I do like that, and the dovetails, I plan to make one in the next week or so but will go with the design as shown. What was your overall length?

500mm high? I know everybody says and I agree with it that you make your bench the height to suit yourself but that does seem extremely low. PS the proportions are nice. Ian
Edit, Doh! Sawbench, got it now.

Last edited:
500mm high? I know everybody says and I agree with it that you make your bench the height to suit yourself but that does seem extremely low. PS the proportions are nice. Ian
Edit, Doh! Sawbench, got it now.
:)
Thank you Ian.

Latest posts

Back