Sauter router accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
I originally posed the question “Other than Trend, are there any other manufacturers conforming to the dimensions used by UJK router table inserts?”... But have stumbled upon an answer: Sauter.

Does anyone have and experience of knowledge of Sauter router accessories, particularly inserts and lifts?

Last edited:
I think when I looked into this the UJK is metric at 229 x 306mm which is just an odd size as why not have 230 by 300? The likes of Kreg and Jessem are imperial at 9 & 1/4 by 11 & 3/4 which is approx 235 by 298.5.

I use the imperial size as I have a Kreg router table and it also provides plenty of options, for example I can use a Jessem lift which is way better than the UJK offering with it's chain and sprocket arrangement.

The total cost of the tilting Sauter including the 1800 Watt motor is £946 and the Jessem with AUK motor is £765. Both are variable speed motors but Jessem does not tilt. So £181 more gives you a tilting setup, I think that this will allow a lot more versatility from your cutters.

Yeah, absolutely, I opens up a lot of possibilities, assuming the mechanism is accurate and robust enough. From what little I’ve seen, the quality of Sauter stuff is certainly up there.

Interesting video, but now not convinced as to needing the tilting mechanism. If you use a decent 45° cutter in a normal lift you get 45° chamfers without setting up the tilt, so is it just more to setup, saves buying chamfer cutters or a good thing for creative mouldings?

The motor weighs over 4Kg and basically hangs by its 43mm collar in a clamp, when you look at the AUK offering it is clamped more centrally at 4 points on its main body, maybe not an issue on a non tilting lift but when tilted the weight of that Sauter motor hanging by its kneck is always trying to get vertical.

The Sauter fence in my opinion is a non starter when compared to the Incra offerings and personally I prefer the Kreg fence I have until I might go Incra. As for the router lift, if I dismiss the idea of having it tilting and was in the market to replace what I currently have then I think I would go for the Jessem and AUK motor with muscle chuck. The Sauter motor looks to use standard collets and need two spanners, cannot find any mention of a locking button.

I've also been considering the tilting Sauter and Suhner combo. I'd like to use the motor in a CNC router too but the 1800w suhner is too heavy for a lot of DIY CNC's like the workbee without re enforcing the z axis. I asked the woodgrafter his thoughts on that combo and he said he would not purchase the tilting lift if he was doing it again. Not enough usage from that feature was his reason. There are 2 other youtube reviews of other sauter lifts which might be of interest to you.

I have one of those Suchner motorn in my router table.
Excellent quality as far as I can tell. This far it seems to be worth it's price though it was expensive.

However I cannot comment on the Sauter router lifts since my router lift is home made using parts from a line shaft driven wood framed spindle moulder.

I have one of those Suchner motorn in my router table.
Excellent quality as far as I can tell. This far it seems to be worth it's price though it was expensive.

However I cannot comment on the Sauter router lifts since my router lift is home made using parts from a line shaft driven wood framed spindle moulder.
Do you have the Suhner 1800 with the 12mm collet?

Back