Satisfying cut's with Ekki!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisWiduWood

Established Member
Reaction score
Working on a nice balcony/decking area next to the Thames that historically floods every now and again so we are using a Marine Favourite Ekki, My Lord this is the heaviest densest blade blunting timber I've had my hands on in a while but boy does it leave an amazing cut! The photo's don't do the end grain justice its like its been sanded to 1000g and thats straight off the chop saw!
IMG_7953.jpg
IMG_7952.jpgIMG_7972.jpgIMG_7973.jpg

How much does it cost? Is it a natural wood or processed for rot resistance like Accoya?

Pete
Its natural and from west Africa, used alot in ship yards and under water applications, Its not cheap! but I'm not sure of the cost's as we are suppling labour only on this job the Ekki was supplied by the contractor
Cheers

Ekki is hard, and was used as track in the early Paris Metro about the turn of the last century. The metro may have had rubber tyres but not sure. I came across it for lock gates 20 odd years ago.

Just thought I would tell you this! Best wishes to all.

I have just picked up some from my BIL (timber importer) - he imports it for marine and similar use - Opepe, Greenheart and Ekki for rail lines / dock gates / Groynes / other outdoor and marine uses...

Am going to make mine into some outdoor tables

Back