Sat Nav Recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding Sat Navs. Mine just packed in and I need to replace it quickly.

Thanks

I've got a Garmin Nuvi in my van - very pleased with it. It has Bluetooth mobile connection, good maps and dynamic route planning via TMC data. Battery life is good enough to use it on foot for several hours too.

Ray.

Another vote for the nuvi from me I've got the 300T with traffic module, I also use the camera database from pocketgpsworld with it, this is subscription but excellent.

HTH

Steve

I've had a TomTom 910 for over three years and it has been first class in the UK, Europe and the US. Today, most satnavs are fairly reliable, before deciding look at the ongoing costs. Updating maps and other features can be costly.

TomTom is the only system I can recommend. It just works.

Another vote for Garmin Nuvi here.

I bought one for my daughter when she went to England last year and she has never had a problem with it. I think it was the 300WT - it has traffic updates etc.

Brendan

i've only ever used garmin nuvi and have no issues with it ..screwfix has the 200 (garmin refurbished) for under £60 at the moment according to a brochure I got yesterday. Plus on the garmin website you can now buy 'maps for life' for the nuvi for £99 (again from memory of a recent email). As long as the satnav is working (the license is locked to the specific box id) you get up to 4 updates a year and for many countries -so even if (as in my case) it only came with UK map, this option gives you access to europe as well.

Another fro TomTom and as they're releasing an APP for my iPhone, I can ditch the satnav soon and run it off my iPhone

Rob_H":2a6cjl1h said:
Another fro TomTom and as they're releasing an APP for my iPhone, I can ditch the satnav soon and run it off my iPhone

:roll: bloody Iphone. I've been doing that for over 6yrs

RogerS":wj3htxgk said:
Ordnance Survey do an excellent no-power required version! Failing that, I can recommend SatNav1 but she kind of wants to stay with me :wink:

Roger
SatNav1 sounds tempting. I only need it for 6 days this month starting Saturday- any chance :wink:

Thanks for all the replies. I should have said in my original post that I need a europe map version. From the responses I'll probably stick with TomTom even though it's p**sed me off that that is the make of the broken one I have - the plug in socket has detached itself inside the unit so I can't charge it up. I hate it when things don't last regardless of how well you look after them :evil:

I have a garmin street pilot, works pretty well & I didn't have to pay for updates. Don't know if the Nuvi has the same luxury though.

cheers, sliv. :)

Shultzy":18o29nbb said:
Mark, can't you open the satnav and fix the plug?

I did try that but couldn't get it to make the connection.

If I'd had the time I would have tried to get it repaired by someone more competant than me but I need it for this weekend. When I get chance I'll look into seeing if it can be repaired. Does anyone know of such a service around the Worcester area?

I've now got a replacement. Thanks again for the responses.

I have a Garmin Zumo that I use in the car and on my motorbike. You need to ride like Rossi to get to your destination at the suggested time.

My wife has a TomTom and it is so accurate.

Comparing the two I think the Tom Tom software is superior and the Garmin is better made.

Mick

Latest posts

Back