sash windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyT":1k4jgpnx said:
It would sit well next to the very popular sticky on making a casement window

making-a-casement-window-single-glazed-t101943.html

Personally, I'd love to see one made by hand, but commercial machine based work is interesting as well.
Hi Andy. It's on my to do list. I'm reluctant to make one without it having a purpose, so I'm currently looking for a good candidate. I made an offer to make one for free to the National trust and English heritage for any of their properties that may have needed a replacement, but they showed no interest. I have just priced one up for a local customer who has a listed building and priced it at a considerable discount if they will let me make it entirely by hand. hopefully they may give me the go ahead.

Wow, amazed that they didn't bite.
Maybe you should price it at machine work rates, to avoid any misguided impression that a hand made window would be worth less than an 'ordinary' one.

Dusty":3rj0yzno said:
.... they have all suffered rot at the cills where water has been able to get in via the bottom of the D mould / parting bead , .....

I always cut away the bottom 1/2" of the parting bead so that any water doesn't hang around behind it and can run freely away.

Back