Sash windows guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John McM":3ibv0qvp said:
Thats great, thankyou very much Tim

Absolutely seconded here!

I haven't had to deal with them (maintenance) since 1996, when we moved out of our sash windowed maisonette -- I wish I'd read this back then!

Incidentally, that which you label 'staff bead', I've often heard called 'stop bead' round yer. Do you think this is a local variation, or just a Bristle mishearing/mispronunciation of 'staff' (I've seen staff in books too)?

Just curious (as ever). It is a jolly good read BTW. Many thanks from me too for being kind enough to share it.

Eric The Viking":3hvpqhiq said:
John McM":3hvpqhiq said:
Thats great, thankyou very much Tim

Absolutely seconded here!

I haven't had to deal with them (maintenance) since 1996, when we moved out of our sash windowed maisonette -- I wish I'd read this back then!

Incidentally, that which you label 'staff bead', I've often heard called 'stop bead' round yer. Do you think this is a local variation, or just a Bristle mishearing/mispronunciation of 'staff' (I've seen staff in books too)?

Just curious (as ever). It is a jolly good read BTW. Many thanks from me too for being kind enough to share it.

Thanks for those kind words Staff bead was what we called it in Gloucestershire
and apparently in the SE England
http://www.qualitytimbermouldings.co.uk ... _beads.php

Back