Sash Cramps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wizer

Look at Machinemart for iron cramps - I have loads and they work great

Many thanks to everyone who took them time to reply, really appreciate it. Paul thanks for the pics, very kind.

I have decided on going for the cramp heads mainly because the can be any length and will be useful on all projects. I will go for the new ones because speed is an issue and I can't find the old ones online anywhere. I like the idea of the pipe clamps but again speed is an issue and I can see it taking a while for me to find the pipes and the tap'n'die.

Bessey's one day...

Wizer you don't need tap and die, gas pipe comes threaded at both ends so you can get two six foot lengths from one pipe(you only need thread on one end of the clamp.

Dom

Wizer - in case you still haven't bought anything, these are a good deal - maybe you aren't too far and could pick them up and save on postage - I got 4 for 22 quid. Buy yourself some Japanese chisels while your at it :lol: FWIW Peter has a good reputation here on UKW and elsewhere.

Cheers, Steve

I have a number of Paramo cramp heads but I use them with 25 x 50 x 1.6 mm box section steel not timber. I can be bought quite cheaply at your local steel stockholder. Drill it at about 75 mm crs and you have a relatively light and very stiff solution.

My tip is to cover the upper surfaces with duck tape to prevent staining which happens with oak/glue/steel situations.

regards

Colin

jobsagooden":3r1053df said:
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi/@cClamps%20-%20Bar
These look good, for money. NOT tried them though

Bought a few of them years ago.Utter c**p .

They were labelled Draper then, they don't stay parallel and the aluminium is so thin that it buckles under pressure, leastways mine did.

Dom

Obviously a man to beware of! You must eat three Shredded Wheats for breakfast! (Well, you need to keep your strength up for all that hanging around outside Starbucks)

Scrit

Scrit":8utg52ka said:
Obviously a man to beware of! You must eat three Shredded Wheats for breakfast! (Well, you need to keep your strength up for all that hanging around outside Starbucks)

Scrit

Must be getting old, can't think of an answer, where am I, what was the question?

Dom

Back