Sanding hood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea well implemented.

Gives me food for thought.

Do you leave it in place when turning or just while sanding?

Regards,

mikec

It is up only for sanding. I turn green to final thickness, let them dry, then sand and finish. Some day when I get 'a-round-to-it' I will make one that can stay in place when turning. It really cuts down on dust.

robo hippy

robo hippy":xpn4b6g1 said:
It is up only for sanding. I turn green to final thickness, let them dry, then sand and finish. Some day when I get 'a-round-to-it' I will make one that can stay in place when turning. It really cuts down on dust.

robo hippy

a_round_tuit.jpg

...now, off to the workshop with you :mrgreen:

There us sheet stock available from the plastic places, and also some sort of sign board that looks like cardboad that can be bent and shaped that will work as well, depending on your requirements. The more enclosed your work is when you sand, the more dust goes into the collector, and the less there is to go up your nose.

robo hippy

robo hippy":2ogwd2ho said:
There us sheet stock available from the plastic places, and also some sort of sign board that looks like cardboard...
robo hippy

for those interested...
Correx - the cheapest (about a fiver +vat for an 8x4 sheet),very light, constructed like corrugated cardboard but plastic, bends smoothly in one direction, creases in the other (@90deg) used for 'house for sale' signs.
foamex - twice the price of correx but more rigid, heavier and heavier duty. probably what i would use for this kinda thing.

Back