SANDING BLOCKS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
If you can get hold of an odd spare carpet tile and offcuts of 18mm ply, glue the tile (cut up first if you've not a bandsaw) to the ply--pva will do. When dry, cut into pieces about 5" x 3 1/2" to make free sanding blocks. I've cut them on a bandsaw without messing up a blade. There is just enough give in the carpet for them to be effective, and they last forever--I'm still using some made 20 years ago.

I was given some sanding belts a few years ago, didn't fit my sander. Perfect wrapped around a block for sanding. I use a couple of opposing wedges to tension/tighten it.

phil.p":2ts20gl1 said:
If you can get hold of an odd spare carpet tile and offcuts of 18mm ply, glue the tile (cut up first if you've not a bandsaw) to the ply--pva will do. When dry, cut into pieces about 5" x 3 1/2" to make free sanding blocks. I've cut them on a bandsaw without messing up a blade. There is just enough give in the carpet for them to be effective, and they last forever--I'm still using some made 20 years ago.

Try some Abranet (with its block) & then let us know what you think? :wink:

Back