Samsung Galaxy S2 phone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the smart phones I have come across have about 1 day battery life. But if you dont use internet with 3G while your on the move and just use wifi connections you can extend battery life by disabling automatic update for apps and but turning off packet data in settings this added nearly half again to my nattery life

I use an app called Juice Defender that you can set up to switch on 3G/wireless everynow and again to check emails etc rather than being connected all the time. It does plenty more including setting night time when is disables everything. It's currently claiming to have more than doubled my batterylife - on my Galaxy S Advance I'm on 71% after unplugging the charger at about 7am yesterday morning.

You can also buy 3rd party batteries which may have a larger capacity. I bought a couple with a plug in charger and they're 1800mAh instead of the supplied 1500 (or at least that's what the new ones claim to be)

I have the S2 and the battery life is pretty good for a smart phone. I usually charge every night anyway but it does last 2 days with average use (couple hours browsing and half dozen 20min calls)

Gerry

Latest posts

Back