Same old, same old, new video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant Steve, my head hurts a little after the maths but the video is a great watch for anyone new to this concept like me.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for that, Steve.
We've known from schooldays that any triangle formed in a semi-circle is a right angled triangle:-
Thales.JPG

but I've never seen the notion put to use like this before.
I'm now using it on a table renovation job I'm doing to get the legs and frame square. It is especially good here because, being old and not necessarily straight timbers, a normal square has its problems. I just need to get the corner positions square and so good old Thales (and Steve) has given me the means of doing it.
Brian

Attachments

• Thales.JPG
    Thales.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 54
lurker":3dkc1tcw said:
Steve Maskery":3dkc1tcw said:
I'm starting on a wardrobe.
S

Are you going to "u tube it"
Suggest door build if nothing else

Actually I'm filming in my bedroom today...

I've only designed the carcases and the innards so far, I've not yet made up my mind about the doors. But I've a way to go before I have to do that.

Filming in the Bedroom then mentions the carcass and innards are you related to Freddy Cruger.

Superb vid though,its on my To Do list

excellent - I really enjoyed that and learned a bit too!

I liked this so much I promised I'd make one. And after only a fortnight, I have. I used a slat from an abandoned wooden Venetian blind - a good source of thin, flat, well behaved strips of wood. The joint was most of a pop-rivet, sawn off short, with a couple of washers. No 4 plane for scale.

IMG_20190210_145008.jpg

Thanks again Steve!

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_145008.jpg
    IMG_20190210_145008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
Steve Maskery":1zu975h6 said:
LOL!

You make a good point, actually. If some scenes are shot with one shirt and some with another, it really does look odd. So I have to keep a shirt for the duration of the project. Of course, if there are different stages over different days, then a new shirt is not a problem (think gluing up overnight).
I started filming that in November, but the first attempts weren't good enough. Sound was rubbish, or lighting was wrong or the framing was poor. I've turned my bench through 90 degrees and that has improved the framing, and general ergonomics of the workshop, actually, enormously.

Then I had a cold and cough. I lost my voice completely over Christmas and New Year. I couldn't talk, let alone present, still not 100% and it's nearly 8 weeks since it started.

So the project has been stringing along for months, but all you see there was shot over two days.

But rest assured, Sammy, that shirt is now in the wash :)

However continuity is a good opportunity for some easter eggs - braces changing colour, pencil behind left.. no right, no, left ear - moving try squares..... :) just a thought.

Long time ago (27 years.. oh dear) I used to date the continuity gal for the TV show Casualty, (I can even remember her name) - she told me sometimes she used to do it deliberately to keep people on their toes - she always kept track of outfits with an instamatic camera.

AndyT":213hri6g said:
I liked this so much I promised I'd make one. And after only a fortnight, I have. I used a slat from an abandoned wooden Venetian blind - a good source of thin, flat, well behaved strips of wood. [/attachment]
That is a really good choice of material, Andy. If it was going to move it would have done so ages ago.
S

Thank you so much for your time in making and sharing such a wonderfully simple idea that I certainly will use over and over and wished that I had known many years ago.
One of the pebbles one picks up in life and can use over and over again.

Back