Salt and Pepper set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few bowls balls so I set myself a task of making a salt and pepper set from just one of them. They measure 4 1/4" one way and 5" the other as they are not true circles, by cutting one in half I managed to get each pot from those and now they measure 2 1/4" each. The pots are Lignum Vitae The base is from Oak as is the support for the white sphere which is made from Beech painted, this represents the Jack in the game.
I know there is going to be a few replies reference the material used but C & C welcome all the same

The before and two after photos.

DSCF1676 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1636 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1637 (1024x755).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1676 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF1676 (1024x768).jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF1636 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF1636 (1024x768).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCF1637 (1024x755).jpg
    DSCF1637 (1024x755).jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 304
Hi

Nice recycling there.

However, even with the insides hollowed, they must weigh a bit, especially first thing in the morning for the eggs?!!

Phil

treeturner123":2xigprto said:
Hi

Nice recycling there.

However, even with the insides hollowed, they must weigh a bit, especially first thing in the morning for the eggs?!!

Phil

Thank you.

They are not that heavy just comfortable to hold

I like them, and haven't seen anything similar before.

I can't help but think that the jack is a wasted opportunity. could it be a mustard pot or???, or is it a handle to pick up the set?

marcros":7p1oqfu0 said:
I like them, and haven't seen anything similar before.

I can't help but think that the jack is a wasted opportunity. could it be a mustard pot or???, or is it a handle to pick up the set?

It is on top of the pedestal as a handle. I did think of a mustard pot but could not find on insert and spoon suitable, then I would have done a circular base again with the jack as the handle

CHJ":1jmahhqi said:
Dalboy":1jmahhqi said:
They are not that heavy just comfortable to hold
That's good, not wise to be too heavy on the salt :)

The strange thing about these and it was purely accidental. I placed one down on the table but upside down and it rolled and righted itself so tried with the other one and it did the same. I did this a number of times one to see if it was a fluke and the second it was just fun to see it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back