Sale on at DIYTOOLS.COM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

There is a sale on at www.diytools.com until the end of April and some of the items looked good: -

DW626 230V 1/2" VARIABLE SPEED ROUTER 2300W £223.25 inc. Vat

DW707 230V MITRE SAW 1200W £223.25 inc. Vat

Cheers
Neil

PS I double checked the prices, they are the same.

Of course you did, Philly. I was just looking at your website the other day and thinking you really didn't have enough routers... #-o :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Ah, um ,aah.... :roll:
But come on -£68!!!!!!!!! Nutty!
And I haven't got a Dewally one.......
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":3ialimdy said:
Just bought a Dewalt router-£68+vat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you appear to have pushed it to No. 1 on their bestseller list :)

It's thrown a spanner in the works for me, though. I'd just about decided to invest in a Trend T5 (saw one at the D&M show last year and was impressed with how quiet it was) but it's about twice the price of that DeWalt!

Opinions anyone?

Hi Philly

Philly":lpb87xmi said:
Just bought a Dewalt router-£68+vat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you're mounting it in a table as it is one awesome beast. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Hi Pete

Pete W":lpb87xmi said:
It's thrown a spanner in the works for me, though. I'd just about decided to invest in a Trend T5 (saw one at the D&M show last year and was impressed with how quiet it was) but it's about twice the price of that DeWalt!

If you want it for hand-held use then have a look at the DW625EK.

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/store/newsear ... ge=&issue=

You must be looking in the wrong places. OK, here goes, Trend T5EB 77.99 PLUS VAT. NB This is the base model and only comes with a 12 month warranty.

http://www.thesawcentre.co.uk/store/pro ... %5Fid=3411

You'll need to check with them whether it takes an 8mm collet.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Philly

Philly":1cez9zrh said:
My DW613 turned up yesterday!

I didn't realise it was the 613 that you purchased, as you could see from my post I'd thought it was the 626.

Out of curiousity, why did you buy one without variable speed control?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Roger

When I was starting out I decided to buy two cheap Ferm routers to use for cutting M&T's. It was to save changing cutters with my jig.

However, my experience was not good. :cry:

Hope you have better luck.

Cheers
Neil

Neil, I know what you mean.

Had I not already got my DW625 then I would have gone down that route...but there are, alas, only so many pennies and there are so many other toys...oops..essential purchases..that I would like :wink:

Another 625 would have been over £200 (and that seems to be the pricebreak for 1/2" routers :cry: )

Fingers crossed. What was wrong with the Ferms' ?

Roger

Neil
It's not only cheap routers which are not concentric (cutter to base, Roger). Last year I bought a DW625 and that is out by a good millimetre from one orientation to the opposite. I suppose I should have swapped it, and if I'd bought it locally I would, but carriage is a pain, and I've just put up with it.

My ancient 177e on the other hand is perfect in that respect.

Why can't they make them like they used to? It's hardly rocket science.

Cheers
Steve

Neil
It is for my LittleRat-only dinky cutters used so no problems! I still have my router table for panel raising, etc.
Cheers
Philly :D

Steve

Do you mean the whirly bit isn't central in the big hole at the bottom?

If so, I kind of assumed that it would always be central...now I've got something else to fret about :cry:

Roger,

It is often the case - which is why when using guide bushings etc and for many jigs, you need to chuck a piece of 1/2 or 1/4 inch rod and then use that for centreing the bushing or router . Because you can't rely on the concentricity of the motor shaft wrt the base.

Back