Safer in here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Think I'll just hang around Hand Tools for a while... it's getting awfully dangerous next door, what with toxic wood dust and deafening machinery.

The BU versus BD planing dispute seems positively benign in comparison :)

Oh I dunno, chopping mortises can get fairly noisy. And frankly every time I breathe in I fear my nose will get clogged with the fluffy shavings still floating about in the air. It's a real worry... :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Pete W":1hyb2yjk said:
The BU versus BD planing dispute seems positively benign in comparison :)

We do have a rather friendly bunch here, even when debating tool philosophies. I think it's due to the laid-back Brit demeanour. The US based boards seem to attract a more argumentative set.

I am as my post count indicates rather new, well really new actually and I lurked for some time before joining. There is one site I go to that is in the states and it is very friendly, at least the section devoted to Neandertal's is, maybe the hand tool crowd is a bit slower to argue. :whistle:

Just wondered if you have ever had the pins vs. tails first debate, and if it came close to actual battle?

Welcome to the forum, Mittlefehldt. :)

Mittlefehldt":28sm8pg1 said:
Just wondered if you have ever had the pins vs. tails first debate, and if it came close to actual battle?
So far we've tended to all run away and hide if there's been any danger of such a debate. And maybe whimper a bit. 8-[

Of course we all know it's not a matter for debate anyway, 'cos there's only one way. Naturally it's - good heavens, is that the time? I must go...

Cheers, Alf

ydb1md":a772eyik said:
I think it's due to the laid-back Brit demeanour. The US based boards seem to attract a more argumentative set.

I don't know... there's one very large US forum where things can get lively, but even there the hand tools department is very civil. By and large, I think that neander types are inherently less aggressive and more civilized :)

Pete W":2dhzmp56 said:
ydb1md":2dhzmp56 said:
I think it's due to the laid-back Brit demeanour. The US based boards seem to attract a more argumentative set.
I don't know... there's one very large US forum where things can get lively, but even there the hand tools department is very civil. By and large, I think that neander types are inherently less aggressive and more civilized :)
Must be because we're unplugged. All that elecrikity. Maybe it isn't all consumed by the tool... :lol:

Mittlefehldt":16hd9tef said:

I'm no expert but I found it easier to cut the waste first.

Andy

Back