Sad or what?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess who's been watching David Charlesworth DVDs :oops: :oops:

100_1858.JPG

So even less space in the tool cabinet now.

Got mine from Axminster and a real Halls one too. (I was hiding the label due to the hot flushing cheek syndrome)

Works a treat as the great bearded one suggested!

I know I have slipped into the Twiglet Zone when there is enthusiasm for a brush recommeded on a DC DVD (I take it that was the case??)

Now, if that were a genuine Badger Softener which at that size would likely command a £150 price tag, then I start to understand.

Look, it's on the LN site isn't it? 'Nuff said. :wink: Plus it's one of the few things on there we could probably all genuinely aspire to owning. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

$15 for a floppy brush - it just shows that the Godfreys have something to learn when you consider they don't even market their stiff one from their site :cry: :cry: sigh.

A couple of those LN ones and I could afford Philly's helper's vacuum!

I'm reading this thread and not believing what I'm seeing.

:roll:

Shouldn't you galoots be using those hand tools to make something wooden instead of talking about brushes to clean the tools? Crikey, you're like a bunch of saddo c*ll*ct*rs.

Gill (
Tin+hat+smiley.gif
Scarpering off to the bunker yet again...)

Crikey, you're like a bunch of saddo c*ll*ct*rs.

steady on Gill...... them's fightin words to some...

:wink:

<perfectly content with a half inch paintbrush for tool cleaning....

What on earth would a c*ll*ct*r want with a brush to remove shavings from a plane/bench for?! If anything proves you're not a c*ll*ct*r, surely this is it? #-o Sheesh. :roll: Here I am using a brush Axminster almost class as disposable for the job and people are throwing about c*ll*ct*r talk. I suppose it's only a matter of time before Axminster list it next to the LN planes and put the price up too...

Cheers, Alf :wink:

Oh, come on Alf :) . Admit that people who are hunting down brushes are wasting valuable workshop time. They're spending so much time drooling over the items on TV and in catalogues which they haven't got that they don't use those they have got. If a brush like that ever gets used, I bet it's for removing household dust, not sawdust.

C'mon - prove me wrong. Let's see a piccy of what you're making right now!

:p :wink: :)

Gill

Here we are Gill, I'm veneering maple side panels for my bookcase number 3 (birds eye maple)

100_1860.JPG

Today I'll groove the legs the exact dimensions on the veneered panels, so they slot in snuggly.

And maybe I'll then smooth the legs with my 4.5 and not forgetting the occasional swish with the new brush :wink:

Okay then:

Not a great pic, but I got busy and forgot to take any more. #-o Initial stock prep of 2" cherry for legs on a pair of side tables. Got to get round to the 1" stuff ASAP, start picking the pretty bits for the table tops etc. In between times I'm about to launch my attempt to make a round soled version of the Veritas wooden spokeshave kit, but I left ordering 'til too late and it came after the Bank Holiday weekend, so it's got pushed back a bit. :?

'K? :p

I do make stuff. I just don't feel the urge to tell everyone about it all the time - unlike certain gloatists in this vacinity. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Andy,

Are you sure you have got enough clamps there??? :shock:

For removing dust and shavings, I use a dustpan and brush that I got from the pound shop in Caerphilly, for, surprisingly enough, £1.
:oops:

Works fine for me, and saves having to sweep the floor so often!

Regards

Taffy (Cheapskate) Turner

Alf

I've been hunting around for a round wooden spokeshave, keep us posted oh how it goes making yours and then I may consider making one too. I've got some super dutch tiger sugar maple that is crying out to be made into a tool handle!

Any thoughts anyone on the best woody round base spokey to buy? I've tried to track down a Harris one but they are rarer than hen's teeth.

Thanks Alf and Andy. I feel much reassured. You had me worried for a while :) .

Gill

Back