Sabre toothed cat puzzle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sorry Puzzler that you didn't get more comments on your Santa puzzle, very nicely finished excellent work.
People seem to be reluctant to show off their talents on this Forum which is a pity there must be some real talent out there.

Here's on you might like puzzler, it's a tray puzzle of a Sabre toothed cat I made a while back.

Harry,
Cat 03.JPG
Puzzel pieces.JPG

Attachments

• Cat 03.JPG
    Cat 03.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 736
  • Puzzel pieces.JPG
    Puzzel pieces.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 755
Very impressed with the technique of camouflaging the piece boundary cuts with the segment colouring.
Some fancy cut line manipulation.

Now that I do like - was it cut from a pattern? Would also like to know if it was cut from two timbers or a single timber and then pieces alternately stained, its a little difficult to tell from the photo.

Well done!

Steve

hi harry thats just great. very very nice work
do you have the pattern i would like to make one

:ho2 :ho2 :ho2 :ho2 :ho2

Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I have been away for the Christmas holidays. yes \stevie it was taken from a pattern, and you are right the puzzle was cut from one piece of timber it was a piece of scrap laminated MDF cut into sections which I stained both light and dark cut out a silhouette into which I inserted the puzzle , framed it and coated it with a satin varnish.

Harry.

Back