Sabre 350 Bandsaw Stand - Worth having?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a neat idea for blade storage, how solid is it when in use with wheels locked.
Tbh it's usually fine without even locking the wheels. If I need extra stability for something demanding I can lower a couple of feet at the rear, like this (only one lowered in this photo)
20211027_161822.jpg

When I built a low-loader style base for my P/T (iTech 260S) I didn't even bother with locking wheels; it too is absolutely fine. It takes a lot more force to move either of these machines than I'm ever going to apply to a workpiece. Having a wooden floor probably helps; your mileage may vary:cool:

Tbh it's usually fine without even locking the wheels. If I need extra stability for something demanding I can lower a couple of feet at the rear, like this (only one lowered in this photo)

Where did you buy the lowerable feet?

NUZAMAS Set of 2 Plunger Stroke Metal Push Pull Toggle Clamps Straight-Line Action Clamps 32mm 227Kg 500 Lbs NUZAMAS Set of 2 Plunger Stroke Metal Push Pull Toggle Clamps Straight-Line Action Clamps 32mm 227Kg 500 Lbs : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Vital Parts Adjustable Feet, Screw in Feet, Levelling Foot, Furniture Feet, Weight Rated Tilting Feet, Heavy Duty Outdoor Feet, Adjustable feet for Furniture, Chair Leg Floor Protectors - 4 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VGLDVRT/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_K14K88D03CRFDHXKYK6K?psc=1

Prices have shot up since I bought these :oops:

I've got my 350 on the Axminster light duty mobile base (Axminster MB-518 Light Duty Mobile Base).
I was going to buy the wheel kit, but after making a planer carriage the above was freed up so used that.
It's been fine to date with no issues (as long as you keep your nuts tightened up - ooer). In fact it meant I could push the BS right back against a wall, save some space, and easily pull it out when required.

Oh - it runs on my concrete garage floor which is fairly even.

HTH

@fezman, do you have any issues with the light duty base fouling the door opening? Finally received my bandsaw this week after it sat at the local palletforce dept. for 5 days.:( Anyway have finally had sometime to unpack and now haveit mounted on the Axminster mobile base. Trouble is the front wind-down foot stops the door opening and the rear wheel prevents the door fully opening? Have you a picture of how you have the stand setup as I can't see how to avoid this?

sorry about the blurry pictures but hopefully it gives the idea.
C207D490-755D-47EB-9358-41A5B095FC38.jpeg
7F5CB000-AF22-42DE-B551-C6C2A7E4EB30.jpeg

@fezman, do you have any issues with the light duty base fouling the door opening? Finally received my bandsaw this week after it sat at the local palletforce dept. for 5 days.:( Anyway have finally had sometime to unpack and now haveit mounted on the Axminster mobile base. Trouble is the front wind-down foot stops the door opening and the rear wheel prevents the door fully opening? Have you a picture of how you have the stand setup as I can't see how to avoid this?

sorry about the blurry pictures but hopefully it gives the idea.
View attachment 121210View attachment 121211

Hi Richard, yes it catches ever so slightly. I also have the issue with the rear wheel. I did extend it by one hole length wise, and push the BS to the back of the mobile base. That gives me just enough clearance to open the door wide enough. I only store blades and a pair of gloves in there, so I dont need it to fully open.

Hi Richard, yes it catches ever so slightly. I also have the issue with the rear wheel. I did extend it by one hole length wise, and push the BS to the back of the mobile base. That gives me just enough clearance to open the door wide enough. I only store blades and a pair of gloves in there, so I dont need it to fully open.

That solution eventually dawned on me too but I can't face laying the bandsaw back on the floor to adjust the stand size, I found the levelling knob can easily be removed which then allows the door to clear. Only takes 20 seconds to screw it back on when I need to move it. Making the stand 2 holes deeper will allow both the rears wheels and front feet to me moved out of the way of the door but will make the base a bit bigger.

At some point I'll weld up a custom stand but it's good enough for the moment.

I used 4 pieces of timber to lift mine up . Ran two down the outside each side of the mobile base, then pushed the bs up from the front and set the 3rd piece along the front edge , repeated for the rear, the the mobile base just slides out. Adjust size, repeat in reverse and you haven’t even broken sweat 😀😀

Back