Sabre 250 Guide Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to use my little RP Sabre 250 today to resaw some 3" stock.

I noticed sparks coming off the top back bearing. After a check, the top back, one of the top sides, and one of the bottom side bearings are all seized solid. The ones that aren't seized feel like they have sand in them. (The saw is about 18 months old, it's only had weekend use).

I managed to get a bit of movement in one of the frozen ones by tightening a bolt onto the inner race, and holding the outer race lightly between softwood jaws in the vice, then turning the bolt - but it's obvious that it's dead.

The bearings are 8mm (int), 22mm(ext), 7mm thick.

I'll replace all 6. I don't mind buying quality - are these good? they seem very cheap 608-ZZ Miniature Ball Bearing - Bearing Shop UK

Thanks

I had similar issues with my Charnwood 350 within a month. Both upper and lower bearings were seized solid and the side bearings were binding. I won't go into the full argument I had with them but suffice to say cheap components are not long lived. In time I have changed all my bearings to fully sealed which seems to have sorted the main problems out. The difference in price between 608 ZZ and 608 2RS is pennies so why they don't use those for starters at the factory (rhetorical) bugs me. I would also advocate using a trusted brand of bearing rather than chinesium. Again the cost difference aint worth the hassle. I found these guys brilliant service.

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=608&

Thanks Linus - ordered 6 of the 6082RS.
I also ordered 2 SKS 2Z/C3 for the back bearings - just in case.

Sabre 350 here. A bearing failed after a few months. RP replaced it without issue. Really rate their customer service. That was a couple of years ago. No issues since. 5 Year Guarantee on all their kit I think.

Back