S.i.g 01373

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worfy

Reaction score
Evening all. I finally plucked up the courage to buy a second hand s.i.g scroll saw (couldn't justify paying for a new one) it's in really good nick but can't find what size blades it takes. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Worfy

Don't know that machine personally, but unless it's a VERY unusual thingy, it will take the standard 5 inch blades (I only know of 2 machines that take different sizes).

Virtually ALL you want to know about scroll saw blades, what type to use for what materials, etc, etc, etc, are in a "sticky" (a thread of posts permanently locked at the top of the front page of the relevant section of the Forum) at the top of this Scroll Saw section.

It's 2nd down from the top of this section and is called "Sourcing blades ................ ".

HTH

Edit for a P.S. Welcome to the Forum BTW. Sorry, I didn't notice that you're new here when I first saw your post. Lots of good info and helpful people here.

Don't know that machine personally, but unless it's a VERY unusual thingy, it will take the standard 5 inch blades (I only know of 2 machines that take different sizes).

Virtually ALL you want to know about scroll saw blades, what type to use for what materials, etc, etc, etc, are in a "sticky" (a thread of posts permanently locked at the top of the front page of the relevant section of the Forum) at the top of this Scroll Saw section.

It's 2nd down from the top of this section and is called "Sourcing blades ................ ".

HTH

Edit for a P.S. Welcome to the Forum BTW. Sorry, I didn't notice that you're new here when I first saw your post. Lots of good info and helpful people here.
Thanks will have a look

The only thing I can add to what AES has said above is that if it is a clone of one of the cheap type saws of which there are many it may use pinned blades rather than the normal 5 inch standard fretsaw blade. Pinned blades are like coping saw blades that hook into a slot. You can get adaptors to enable a pinned blade saw to take 5 inch normal blades.

Back